Monday, November 24, 2008

We Decorated!




We did it! Yesterday we decorated for Christmas. Kayden was napping when we started so when he woke up he was in awe of all the lights and the trees. He kept running back and forth from one to the other and was in a little state of ecstasy over the excitement. Of course, he doesn't like the not touching aspect and I don't like that either. I try to make my house very Kayden friendly so that he doesn't have to hear "no" over and over and so I don't have to be a broken record saying "no" all the time. So these decorations are a big change for both of us. I thought about not doing decorations b/c of this reason, but I am too much of a Christmas lover to not do them and one of my favorite memories growing up is getting ready for the Holiday season and sitting in the living room drinking hot cocoa with the tree lights on and watching Christmas movies as a family. So. we have to have decorations and we have to learn to not touch them. My mom had a great idea of letting him have his own "decoration" that he can touch (she also had the brilliant idea when we were little of putting our Christmas tree in a playpen........I guess my brothers wouldn't listen to no and that was her answer but come on mom, that did not give the pretty holiday look a tree is intended to give (however one more toddler and I might resort to something crazy b/c all I can handle is Kayden at this moment in holiday decoration world)). So we made a big deal out of his santa potatoe head and that is helping a little bit. Now I have to find a soft, kid tree for him to play with....anyone w/ any ideas do share:-) I know Hallmark has had them in the past. After he woke up he helped hang up his ornaments and loved being a helper. So excited to spend this holiday season with my little toddler. (stay tuned for mental breakdowns over the tree saga:-)

1 comment:

Jac said...

A tree already? Its not even Thanskgiving yet! You guys are crazy! Tree looks good though!