Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Night




Friday nights were always Kyle and I's "date nights" pre-baby. We'd always do dinner and drinks or dinner and a movie, or something just the 2 of us. Post baby we have only had a Friday night date night when my mom is in town.......last night Kayden had a date night that we supervised:-) Jaclyn went out for a friend's birthday and Tatum came over for dinner, playtime and bath. They had noodles, veggies and fruit for dinner and read lots of interesting books and then entertained eachother with pouring water from cup to cup in the bath. We also did a little baby gymnastics (we learned these cool moves from Auntie Christa and Kayden and Tatum thought it was hilarous to do it and watch e/o do it too). Bedtime came and they both wanted to be rocked by me, with only one rocker and one set of arms I wasn't sure what to do. I tried doing each of them while the other stayed and relaxed with Kyle but that wasn't going to work, they both wanted to be in the same room. So I gave up rocking and nursed Kayden on the couch and Kyle held Tatum while she drank her bottle and they both fell asleep. I was about to put Tatum down in a bed when Jaclyn called and said she was on her way so Kyle just held her until Jaclyn arrived. So we are officially parents who do more for our child's social life than our own:-)

2 comments:

Jac said...

T sleeping on Kyle was the cutest! I am so glad it went so well. Are you sure we dont ask you to watch her too much? We are so happy to have you guys so close. T loves her auntie Kaisha, her friend Kayden and apparently loves her uncle Kyle too!

Christa said...

Yay for baby gymnastics! That's Tula's fave! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun bbsitting! Tatum sleeping on Kyle is adorable!