Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Sydney!


Kayden checking out Sydney

Sheila and Sydney

Tiny baby Sydney yawning (I love new baby yawns!)

Today we drove to Goodyear to meet Jon and Sheila's new baby girl Sydney. She is a month old and adorable. This morning I told Kayden he was going to go see a tiny baby like Maverick and the whole morning he kept saying "baby". It's crazy what he seems to understand (and how much he loves baby Maverick!). I brought my peanutshell and ergo so Sheila could see how she liked them and when I was showing her the peanutshell I put Sydney in it and she fell right asleep and slept there the WHOLE time I was there! We had to wake her up so that she could feed and I could leave. It was great wearing her in the peanutshell though b/c I could still feed Kayden lunch and play with him on the floor, all the while I had a baby sleeping contently in the sling! Slings are awesome and I'm guessing a must have for mommies that have a toddler and a new baby! It was fun seeing Jon & Sheila in Sydney's tiny face and seeing Sheila be a mommy. She is one of those women that when you meet her you just think that she was born to be a mommy and after seeing her today I know that my thinking for the past 3 years was right! She is a natural mom and so at ease and wonderful with Sydney. And Kayden now has another baby he loves, he gave her hugs and had to share his truck and car with her but he wouldn't kiss her toes like I wanted him too. So glad we got to meet her today, wish we didn't live so far away from each other so I could cuddle her more often:(
CONGRATS Jon and Sheila!! Your daughter is precious and I'm so happy for you both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny you should mention "born to be a mommy" about someone else b/c you are the most "born to be a mommy" girl I've ever met miss kaisha! congrats to your friend!
auntie