When Kayden and I are at the mall I always walk around the long way to avoid the mall play area or run by it standing so he can't see it. I don't want him to play in it because it is always swamped with kids and the germs in there just seem too much for my OCDness to handle. But I also don't want him to feel jipped by not getting to play in it, so I figure if he doesn't even know it exists then he doesn't think I'm mean mommy. Well I was doing my hide the play area move with Christa the other night and on our way back she looked in and said "should we let them?". A surprising thing to hear from Christa so I said "I don't know should we?" and we decided to be fun moms and let our kids play in the germ bowl since it was almost bath time and the area was actually not very busy. They thought they were in disneyland walking around and smiling huge the whole time they were there. So our cool mom move made their nights and I guess was worth it. So far no diseases that I can tell :-) Now if he screams to go to the play area everytime we are at the mall I might be a little annoyed at my attempts to be fun mom!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Mall Play area
When Kayden and I are at the mall I always walk around the long way to avoid the mall play area or run by it standing so he can't see it. I don't want him to play in it because it is always swamped with kids and the germs in there just seem too much for my OCDness to handle. But I also don't want him to feel jipped by not getting to play in it, so I figure if he doesn't even know it exists then he doesn't think I'm mean mommy. Well I was doing my hide the play area move with Christa the other night and on our way back she looked in and said "should we let them?". A surprising thing to hear from Christa so I said "I don't know should we?" and we decided to be fun moms and let our kids play in the germ bowl since it was almost bath time and the area was actually not very busy. They thought they were in disneyland walking around and smiling huge the whole time they were there. So our cool mom move made their nights and I guess was worth it. So far no diseases that I can tell :-) Now if he screams to go to the play area everytime we are at the mall I might be a little annoyed at my attempts to be fun mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Before I even read your post I was thinking...What?! Kaisha let Kayden in the germ infested play area, lol! I'm proud of you!! ;)
Anna
McDonald's play area and now this? You are making mad strides Kaish! Way to go. My mom takes T to the play area almost everyday that she has her and T loves it. Guess we just have to hope that they get just enough of the germs to build up antibodies and NOT get sick.
Post a Comment