Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So Proud!





So everyone knows Kayden is a mommy's boy. He is a very social little guy but as Christa said "just wants me around while he is being social". I have only left him with 2 people in the 16 months he has been a part of my life. My mom and Anna. And my mom is not here that often and Anna decided to leave me and move to Cali so he doesn't get left often. at all. It's a running joke between my husband, friends, family, everyone. I don't leave him. It takes alot for me to leave my heart, my life, my everything with someone so you have to be pretty special to get to take those things from me for awhile. It's hard when you grow up in a town of 24,000 where everyone knows everyone and you move to a metro of who knows how many. That is a very frightening thing for me and not something I mess around with. So, I can think of a handfull of people that I'd leave Kayden with in this big city of mine. And today I left him with one of them. I'm so proud of myself for doing it and so proud of him for being okay with it! I was so nervous last night. NOT nervous about who was watching him or about leaving him with her but nervous that he was not going to take it well b/c he is not used to me being away from him. I couldn't even sleep thinking about him crying for my whole doctor appt and putting Sara through an hour or more of misery. BUT it all went great (at least if she is really telling me the truth;-)!! When he got in her car after storytime and left with her he didn't cry and she said that he was fine the whole time I was gone. I have never been so relieved in my life. I'm relieved that Sara wasn't put through an hour of torture and relieved that he can be okay if I have to leave him. Thanks so much Sara for watching him! You are a great friend and I trust you with my little man and that is huge for me! And he liked being with you and that is HUGE for him! (He actually wasn't even in a hurry to leave and I had to chase him in the yard to get him in the car!)
Thanks again Sara (and Audrey for sharing your mommy this morning!)

By the way...I know I have issues and I fully admit it:-)

4 comments:

Jac said...

What a big boy! So proud of you Kayden and proud of you too Kaisha. It is a hard thing to leave them. If I didnt work, it would be hard for me to have done it too. Way to go guys! I am next on the list of sitters...or I better be! Just kidding.

Kaisha said...

Jac you know your one of the people I would leave him w/ silly girl!

Anonymous said...

Not to sound cheesy, but I am really honored that I got to watch Kayden ... I know it's a big deal for you and for him too! And it's all true - he was awesome ... didn't whimper once. He actually had to console Audrey on the drive home and was so sweet to share his cuddly bear with her! It was lots of fun and I'm so glad it went so well ... anytime, seroiusly!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so proud of you! See and he was just fine...I always said I think he would fuss when you left him home just to make you feel bad! I know you never believed me, but he rarely cried...he was pretty much always a happy baby! And such a good boy for me too :)

Anna