Kayden eating pumpkin pie
giving grandma her turkey tile
daddy carving the turkey
grandma making her famous pumpkin pies
We celebrated Kayden's 2nd Thanksgiving this week with grandma and grandpa W. They flew in on Monday and Kayden was so excited to see them. As soon as we got home he brought them both back to his playroom to play. We have had lots of park time and play time while they have been here. It was so nice having them here to help (or do:-) the food on Thanksgiving. Kayden didn't like the food, or any food really that day. He is teething pretty badly so he is going whole days with barely eating anything and it stresses his mommy out. Pumpkin pie was the only thing he did eat some of that day, he would go from my pie to daddy's, to grandma's and then grandpa's and steal a bite from each person's plate:-) Pretty cute little guy we have.
On Friday my mom and I got to shop the black Friday craziness for the first time in 5years. Every Friday after Thanksgiving before Kyle and I moved away my mom, aunts and girl cousins would get up very early in the morning, eat a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast and go and shop all day long while all the men stayed home, slept in and watched football all day. And this year we got to hit the stores up again at the early hour of 4am! We didn't have time to eat pumpkin pie for breakfast b/c we had to get out of the house before Kayden heard us up and about, so we made a stop at Starbucks instead. We shopped at Kohl's, Wally world, Target, and then headed to the mall and shopped all the stores there. We shopped a total of 9 hours before
2pm:-) We had the tahoe full of presents and headed home to rest our tired feet and join the boys on the couch. The crazy stores here were way crazier than we were used to in Kearney, NE our previous black Friday shopping location but we got some good buys and had lots of fun doing it.
2 comments:
9 hours? You are a crazy person! And up at 4 a.m.? I dont know Kaisha, I dont think it is worth it. Bet it was totally fun though!
Wow - I cannot believe you did the black friday thing! I am impressed! I love how Kayden would only eat the pumpkin pie - too funny!
Post a Comment