Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!










The cookies Kayden didn't want mommy to make!

Today Kayden had a costume party for all of his playgroup friends. Mommy loved preparing fun shaped foods for the little ones (and big ones:-) and decorating for the party. Kayden wasn't so happy yesterday when I was baking and cutting shapes, he kept bringing me books and begging me to read to him...this resulted in a very long frosting process for the sugar cookies but it did get done and Kayden survived a day when he didn't get 100% of my attention. Those days are days when I really wish I lived close to my mom so that he could have some fun with grandma while mommy got things done...instead of cookies taking 4 hours it would have taken 1 but such is life when you live 26 hours from home.
The party was lots of fun, Kayden fell asleep about 15 minutes before the first guests arrived...not his usual naptime so I didn't know what to think. Even with his door open and all the noise he slept for about 45 minutes until I went in to turn on music to wake him up. Then the costume was a huge upset, he thought it was a horrible way to get woken up and thrown into a big, fat dinosaur costume. But he did get over it and I think forgot it was on. But he wasn't having the group picture at all:( The kiddos were all so cute in their costumes and had lots of fun staring at e/o and wondering why they all looked funny:-)

3 comments:

Jac said...

That one pic where T is making the kissy face and Kayden is kissing Tula is really sad. Hmmm, her first rejection. Great party....T loved her ghost shaped sandwich! Maybe I need to get some cookie/sandwich cutters?

Kaisha said...

I know, it makes me sad to look at it! But notice how much Kayden's face lights up everytime we see you (which is often now;-)...he def loves his Tatum too!

Anonymous said...

The party was so much fun and I'm sorry those cookies took foreve, but they were SOOO good. I ate all the ones that you gave us in the goody bag (poor Audrey didn't get anymore)! Thx again for having us!