Clapping b/c we just arrived at the pumpkin patch!
Daddy and Kayden in the cornmaze
Helping us find our way out!
Happy on the train
The train our little guy rode on all by himself!!!
-not so happy anymore on the train!
Family photo on the hayrack ride
Petting the sheep
The tiny little piglet that Kayden LOVED!
I think I can do it!
On Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch, you know how some days are just "perfect days" and you wish you could remember every detail. That was our day. Our little family of 3 had so much fun together and I love having days like that. We woke up early and gathered stuff for our day trip and made a quick stop for coffee and headed up to Chino Valley. We made it to Freeman farms pumpkin patch at around 10am and Kayden was so happy! When he saw the pumpkins at the beginning of the farm he started clapping and hugging them. Then daddy told Kayden all about corn and we went through the cornmaze. Kayden helped us navigate the way and kept asking us "where" verbally and w/ his little arms in the "where" question. We finally found our way out and I plopped Kayden in one of the train cars to take a picture of him. The train "conductor" came over to take his ticket and I told him "oh no, he is too little I just wanted a quick picture" and the conductor assured me he'd be fine that he had taken kiddos that were only 10 months old on the train ride. He seemed to be happy in his little train car so I decided to let him go for the ride. But as he started driving away he begin to whimper and cry a bit. I told Kyle to run along w/ the train...he did for a few feet but then came back and said he was fine. Once we could see the train again I could tell he wasn't having a very good time and when he was in full view I saw that he was crying:( I hated seeing him cry and thought he must have been so scared. The conductor said he had cried most of the ride:( So I was a a little upset at myself for not trusting my mommy intution and sending him but he did come back safely so that is all that really matters. On we went to see the geese, Kayden loved honking like the geese and then we went on a hayrack ride together. Kayden thought it was so cool that a real life tractor was pulling us! After the hayrack ride we got to pet a black horse (Kayden chose to not pet it) and then we went in the petting zoo. Kayden loved petting the goats and sheep. One of the goats charged him and went to head butt him but Kyle swooped in and lifted him up. He also saw ponies, a donkey and bunnies. After that we heard someone talking about a piglet they had just seen so we were on the hunt for a piglet and we found it. It was so stinkin cute I wanted to take it home! Kayden LOVED it and wouldn't leave. He got to watch it drink from a "baba" and it even came over and nibbled on his fingers. He kept crouching down to look for it as it ran a "race track" under the table. They were selling them for $150 but daddy said no....I am glad he is there to keep me from making silly decisions! I would have been very mad when I had a 100 pound pig! But the tiny piglet (born 10-1-08, so he was very new) was so cute!! After our animal adventures we headed to find our perfect pumpkins. Kayden thought every pumpkin was the perfect one and hugged them all as we walked through the field. After careful searching we found the perfect 3 and headed to Prescott for lunch. They had lunch at the pumpkin patch but the wind had picked up so we decided to go eat indoors somewhere. We stopped in at In N out for burgers and fries and then headed to Jerome. I had clients that told me about the old town on the side of a mountain but they weren't kidding, it is really built on the side of a mountain, pretty interesting to see. We drove back to Chandler after that and on the way played the body parts game with Kayden (he knows all of his body parts, head, hair, ears, nose, eyes, mouth, tongue, hands, feet, toes, knees and he loves showing them to us!), sang lots of songs (itsy bitsy is his favorite and he loved that he had a spider on his shirt!), and played "find a truck" and listened to him say his cute truck sound. We got into Chandler around 6:30 and stopped at Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
We all had so much fun, I love making these amazing memories with you Kayden! You making everything so much brighter and happier! You kept hugging us at the pumpkin patch b/c you were so happy to be there and clapping as you walked, you are so happy and cheerful and spread your joy to everyone around you! Can't wait to have many more perfect days w/ my 2 favorite boys!
2 comments:
You are SO cute Kayden, hugging and clapping! Glad you guys had so much fun at the pumpkin patch! Auntie
Ummm, the one family pic is adorable and my favorite part is that it looks like Kyle is wearing a fanny pack! I will have to give him some crap about that. Also, darling pic of Kayden and Daddy in the corn maze. Mommies are always the ones taking the pics....
Post a Comment