We tried your costume on you despite your wishes not to and the only way you would stop crying in it was to go outside and walk around, I do say, you are the cutest little dinosaur ever!!!
Right now mommy loves......
*Your Kayden run, we call it "doing the Kayden". It is the cutest thing ever, you run w/ your little legs swinging out and your hands going up and down when your happy! You, daddy and mommy "did the Kayden" in the woods this weekend...luckily only the trees could see us;-)
*How when you hear one of your favorite songs on the CD player you stop everything to run into the living room and dance around
*That yesterday a neighbor was playing a song on the piano and you stopped in her yard to dance
*How excited you get to go outside and to the park, you love putting your shoes on b/c that means an outing where you get to walk!
*That you have to bring your ball to the park
*How much you love your balloon, you wake up and get it and you go to sleep wanting to hold it
*How much you love routine, you have to have your bath before bed, your story read and your prayers said (Sunday night when we got home from our trip even though it was 10:30pm you HAD to have your bath and wouldn't settle down until you had it!)
*Your random hugs and kisses we get (and the big hugs and kisses you give your stuffed animals)
*How you clap whenever you are excited, happy, or when you are proud of yourself
*How you ask for "more" whenever we see a truck or an airplane...like mommy can magically make a new one appear
*How you pick up your big books and bring them to me to read to you if I'm doing housework, you know bringing a book to me will make me stop anything to read to you
*How much you love story time at the Hamilton Library. You get so excited to go and love seeing Audrey there! The bells and the bubbles are a huge hit, the whole drive to the library you say "bells, bubbles" over and over.
*How when we sing "Old McDonald" you fill in the animal sounds before I can even say them
*Our morning walks, we talk about everything we see and then we sing songs, today you loved "shake your feet, wave your arms, wiggle your toes" you loved doing all the movements
*that when someone trys to take your ball you say "my ball" and walk the other way (selfish, yes but from a mommy's point of view so cute to see:-)
*Watching you hug your friends
*That you have to hold Fifi's leash when we walk her at the park
*watching you do the hand movements to our fingerplays
*your "I'm thinking" grunt you make when your working hard at an activity
-some other notes at 16 months,
*you have lots of teeth, not sure how many 11 for sure but more might be hiding in the back that you won't let me see
*you take one nap a day now, usually go down b/t 11 and 1 and sleep for about 2 hours. Sometimes you'll take a random morning nap and then not nap in the afternoon but then you are really tired at night
*favorite foods right now are oranges, blueberries, chicken, and eggs
*still wear size 3 diapers, I tried size 4 but they seemed too big, it feels like you have been in size 3 diapers for so long
*most of your clothes are 18 months right now
*favorite toys are balls, puzzles, stackers, little people, and blocks
-Vocabulary-it is growing so fast I can hardly keep up but you have alot of words, some new ones are "juice, cookie, cracker, cheese, bubbles (you said this before but now it is so clear!), my," there are lots more, maybe later this week I'll sit down and write your vocabulary down in full so I have it but for now I'll leave it at lots, the last time I counted you had more than 40 words, I'd guess now it is around 55 or 60. I wonder if you'll even care...maybe you'll be a speechie like your mommy and love knowing how and when you started talking, if not I'll have it for myself and my word obsession I have.
1 comment:
Love hearing all about Kayden's doings (and seeing him do these things is even better ... like showing Audrey the duck on his shirt)!!! :-)
Post a Comment