Kayden has met his important communication milestones for 12-18 month olds! Of course I'm a little obsessed with your language development baby b/c it is my job. It amazes me when you can do things that my preschoolers couldn't do and really redefines how much language delays can impact a child's whole development. It's fun seeing things through my own child.
Here are the milestones:
*Has an expressive vocabulary of b/t 5-20 words (you are well above this:-)
*is aware of the value of communication (def aware of the value of communication and use it often! I love when you are in another room and want daddy or I and yell "mama" or "dada", you get louder and louder if we don't come quickly!)
*follows simple directions, especially with gesture (you love when you follow our directions and get praised!)
*practices intonation, sometimes imitating an adult (we love listening to you play with your sounds)
*uses mostly nouns with a few others, such as "down" or "up" (you have lots of nouns!)
*uses much, meaningful jargon w/ inflection and emotion (it's hard for us to not laugh at you when you get very into your conversation that makes no sense to us:-)
Yay sweetie! You have actually had these met for awhile now but today when I was getting ready to do some continueing ed online I saw the list in my book and quickly did a mental check and you have met them all with flying colors! On to 19-24 month communication milestones;-)
2 comments:
Too cute. I love how you put all the milestones. It makes us all aware of what is going on. If you have a list of all the milestones I would love to have a copy so that I can make sure Sean is on track.
Of course Carol-but I know you have nothing to worry about!
Post a Comment