Uncle Mark and Carrie came to visit Kayden and arrived last Thursday afternoon. Kayden fell asleep on the car ride to get them and woke up when we were almost home, he was scared at first when he saw Carrie sitting next to him and heard Uncle Mark talking. When we got inside he was kind of clingy and wanted Fifi to stay away from them and by him, it was pretty comical to watch him yelling at her for getting too close to them. But it didn't take long for him to warm up to them, they took him out to swim while I made dinner and they became instant buddies. I'm not sure if it is because he had just seen them in the NE, b/c he was a month older, or b/c we were at his house but he was so much more relaxed and happy that he had visitors than he seemed to be when we were in NE. I could tell he was loving having them there because we were walking out of my room and he expected to see them around the corner and had a big grin on his face ready to greet them.
Friday we went shopping and out to lunch at the cheesecake factory, Uncle Mark and Carrie had never had the famous cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory so they had their first pieces with Kayden & I and I think they'll be back to AZ soon just for the yummy treat! That night we went to San Tan Flats for dinner and didn't go out until 7:30pm, I was sure that Kayden would be miserable but he slept on the way there and then woke up while we were waiting for our dinner. He loved watching the fires burn, the people walk by and dancing to the band. We were glad we waited until later to go because it was a hot day and the sun going down made dinner outside much more manageable.
Saturday morning Uncle Mark, Carrie and daddy got up early and went to hike camelback mountain, Kayden and I stayed behind because it is a bit too steep for him to be strapped onto Kyle or I for the hike. Carrie was surprised at how steep it really was....I tried to tell her before they went that you have to hold a pole to go up parts of it. When the hikers returned they had some pool fun while Kayden and I ran to his friend's birthday party, when we got back we joined in on the pool fun and then got ready to go to the baseball game. Oh yes, I can't forget....while I was making Uncle Mark and Carrie margaritas for the pool I had taken Kayden's clothes off and told Kyle to get him ready to get in the pool..............INSTEAD daddy did his own thing, and all of a sudden my little monster crawls over to me with you guessed it POO on him. He was standing at the sliding glass door watching Carrie and Mark swim and did a #2! I was NOT happy with daddy for allowing this to happen and of course who cleans it up, not daddy! And we digress...at dinner at Salty's Kayden did his sign for "more" without any prompting from mommy when he wanted more ice to suck on from mommy's water! And Carrie and Mark got to see his little communication in person! Yeah Kayden for learning another new sign, you are catching on so quick! Kayden loved the crowds and the noise at the game and joined in on the wave. He also had a crush on the lady behind us in the stands and played peek-a-boo with her and blew her kisses goodbye (could he be any cuter??).
Sunday we woke up early and headed up to show them the red rocks of Sedona but since it is still really hot in Sedona we just did a "drive thru" view and went on to Flagstaff. Daddy requested Oregano's for lunch since it was Father's day and I quickly agreed to allow the visitors to have a pizza cookie with me, yummy! After pizza we went to Snowbowl to hike on one of the trails and Kayden enjoyed a ride in his Ergo, Uncle Mark even carried him for awhile. The ride home was a little long for Kayden but after being cooped up in the car all day and in the Ergo when he wasn't in the car I couldn't blame him for being antsy to stretch his legs. Carrie taught Kayden to stick his tongue out at people on the car ride.......hopefully she remembers that I get to pay her back someday;-) She also would laugh when my little monkey would spit his water back out after he took a drink from his sippy, of course he loved making her laugh and did this over and over and over until his shirt was drenched!
Today is Monday and we had to drop them off at the airport to fly home, Kayden didn't really understand why they left and didn't come back and I could tell he misses the audience and extra love that he got. He also loved having 2 extra big people to hold his little hands while he practiced his walking. He is excitedly awaiting their next trip down to AZ (and so are mommy & daddy!).......hopefully they are planning to come back soon!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a really good time! I love that he did a #2 and crawled around with it. Too funny!!
Isn't it so cute/sad how they "miss" people when they leave? I LOVE when family comes to visit and I know you do to, glad they had a chance to get out here and hang with you guys!
Thanks for previewing San Tan for us, now when is our turn?
BTW, you do have to enter that annoying letter thing to get your comment to post on here, just so ya know....
Post a Comment