Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bye Bye Paci




This is the last picture I have of him using his paci, we were at Sheila & Andrea's birthday party and it was WAY past his bedtime so he was using it till we could get out the door.....I might have to pop it back in for a better last pic!

Kayden used his paci for the last time on Thursday, May 29th. That night it dropped behind our bed and I can't reach it without moving the bed so I decided to see how long we could go without it and so far it is Sunday and he doesn't miss it. He was only using it for naps and to help himself fall asleep at bedtime but wasn't sucking on it through the night. I'd also bring it with me so if I pushed him too far past his naptime or he was really upset in the car he could soothe himself a little. He never was a huge fan of the paci, it worked to soothe him and give me a rest from his love to suck but he didn't ever "need" it. I'm so happy it was so easy to get rid of the paci....Uncle Mark was a paci addict and I remember the extreme measures my mom had to go through to get rid of his paci-we had a paci throwing ceremony into the "big" trashcan in the neighborhood and he got a battery powered car he could ride on to celebrate him being a "big boy". I will miss that little paci sucking face because it reminds me of the baby look but yeah for my big boy doing okay without his paci!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah Kayden! Give Danica a pep talk please! I have a sinking feeling it is going to be WAY tougher for Danica to lose her paci. She sucks it all night!