Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kayden the "actor"



Yesterday I went to a photography class to learn a little about my new fancy camera, so daddy was in charge in the morning.........so that meant Kayden didn't really have a morning nap. My class started at 8:15 and lasted till about 10am, so about his whole nap time, daddy should have just had it easy but he decided to go for a walk during his nap time which messed the schedule all up...(guess it explains why mommy is the mommy and stays home and daddy goes to work...;-)Which resulted in a cranky baby. We had plans to go to lunch with Uncle Brandon who was visiting from California so we packed our cranky baby up and headed to Scottsdale for lunch, luckily he was okay in the resteraunt........not good but manageable. After lunch Brandon wanted to hang out awhile longer so daddy and Brandon headed to the Bungalow for a drink and mommy and Kayden shopped at fashion square (little did daddy know Kayden had played with his wallet that morning and dumped out his ID;-) so daddy and Brandon had to try several drink stops before one would serve Kyle....how could they possibly think Kyle was younger than 21 I do not know - sorry daddy but you definetely look older than a college boy!). So after we got home from our afternoon Kayden took a nap but it wasn't nearly enough to recover from the messed up day of sleep, so he woke up miserable. We ended up canceling our plans for the night and staying in to avoid a breakdown at our friend's house. Kyle decided to put the videos of Kayden on the TV and watch them. It was the first time that Kayden has EVER watched TV. I have put cartoons on for him before in hopes to catch a minute to make lunch or get ready for the day but he is not interested in the tv (a good thing I must say;-) but when he saw himself on the TV he couldn't take his eyes away. He was in utter amazement watching himself and hearing Kyle and I's voices on the TV. He just sat and stared and talked and laughed at himself for a good 30 minutes or more. Often times when he'd hear me say "Kayden" on the video he'd look at me. It was such a fun night as a family, it had started out being a very trying night and it turned around and made for a great evening. Mommy cried several times seeing her little round faced baby eating food for the first time, scooting around the floor, and sitting up all wobbly. I am so glad I bring out the video camera often enough to catch those moments and get to look back and watch the past. It is one thing seeing him change in pictures but hearing his little baby sounds and watching his little baby movements is so precious as I have seen what all the mommies have told me they change SO fast and time flies so quick.

The other day I went to update his first year calendar that I put little notes about our days on and write all his firsts on.......well his first year calendar stops in May. So I need to get a 2nd year calendar but havent' found one I like (and I'm pretty disapointed that I didn't check that his current one went THROUGH his first birthday, I must have had preggo brain!). But I love having that calendar and looking back and seeing all the little notes I have made so I know I will be getting one today and starting on it. But since I haven't had it in June I've been using the blog more to write those things down I don't want to forget so you all get to read a little more detail than I normally put, sorry if your bored;-) But today when Kyle and I were at Starbucks Kayden wanted more crackers and he used the sign for "more"! I was SO excited I jumped up and down and told him he was a big boy several times. He is also doing the sign for "all done" and his own sign for "no". He still doesn't do the signs for drink or eat but he definetely knows what I'm saying when I do them asking if he wants to eat or drink because he goes to his high chair if he is hungry or reaches for his sippy if he is thirsty. He is catching onto things so quickly now, it is so fun seeing the little lightbulbs come on in him and seeing his proud smile as he learns a new way to communicate and to excite his mommy! On Thursday (6/5) I had him blow kisses to daddy before bed and by Friday
(6/6) he was doing them almost every time I said to "blow kisses". Ahh little man, I love you so much and I love watching you discover your world each day!

1 comment:

Christa said...

How much do I LOVE that Tula and Kayden both got 20 minute naps while Daddy watched that morning?!?! Like, WHEN does that ever happen when we are home? Your day sounds exactly like ours, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't even classify my kid as "manageable" in the restaurant so I am jealous=)