Monday, June 2, 2008

Dark sky in K-town!



The Tornado that hit Kearney!

This is one of the tornadoes that hit Grammie and Grampies town! I can remember hearing the tornado sirens going off throughout my childhood and hiding out in the basement with the radio on and "knowing" Kearney can't be hit by a tornado because the Native Americans said so....supposedly because of the landscape Kearney had never been hit by a tornado. But I guess the landscape didn't really protect us and Grammie wasn't scared without reason (my mom is a HUGE whimp in storms) because 6 tornadoes hit my hometown! I talked to my mom the night the tornadoes hit and she told me they had tornadoes in tonw......but I thought she probably meant big winds b/c grammie is known to blow storms up into something more than they really are (sorry mom, you know I'm right;-). So when my cousin Brian called to express the shock of seeing Kearney, NE on national news for the horrible storm they went through I was in shock that my mom was correct in using the word tornadoes! So we are super glad that grammie, grampie, the doggies, Uncles, Aunties and cousins are all safe and sound and the houses were untouched. God must have been watching over our little family and keeping them all safe and sound for us!

1 comment:

Jac said...

Whoa! I am so glad everyone is ok. That is why we live in Az. Nothing happens here.