Well I have been delaying writing your 1 year post because it is so bitter sweet to me. I remember hearing you cry when you came out of me and how upset you were, daddy brought you to me and when our cheeks touched you calmed down instantly. That was my first favorite moment with you and the first time I knew what it felt like to be a mom. I didn't sleep for the next 3 days for more than an hour or two but I wasn't tired, I was so in love with you and in awe that I didn't want to close my eyes, I didn't want to miss a moment with you. I love and adore every day I get with you and it feels like they all are passing too quickly for my liking. Each new day is my favorite day with you and each day I think you can't possibly get any cuter but yet I wake up again the next morning and some how that day I fall in love with you a million new ways and your smile gets brighter and brighter. This year you have brought to me a whole new world of meaning to words I thought I already knew, like what unconditional love is, patience, tenderness, fear, excitement and so much more. I always thought I knew how wonderful being a mommy to someone would be, but then I had you and I learned I never could have even imagined the depth of wonder it could be. I am so very blessed to have you in my life and to get to be the one you call mommy. I remember the first time you said "mama", it was actually on Valentine's day, I was busy doing something and you were in your crib while daddy got ready for the night. I heard you say "mama" and I ran from across the house to say "mama is here baby" and daddy asked "how in the world did you hear that from way over there?" I told him that a mommy always hears the first time their baby says mama! I will never get tired of hearing you say mama, it still can make me smile no matter what. Your little laugh is contagious, when you start daddy and I can't help but join you and Fifi sometimes joins in too. Thank you so much for such a wonderful year baby boy! I am so thankful to have you in my life, you have given me the best gift ever, the label of mom is now mine thanks to your precious little soul! I love you baby boy, and I'm excited to see the joys that year number 2 brings!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Happy Birthday!
Well I have been delaying writing your 1 year post because it is so bitter sweet to me. I remember hearing you cry when you came out of me and how upset you were, daddy brought you to me and when our cheeks touched you calmed down instantly. That was my first favorite moment with you and the first time I knew what it felt like to be a mom. I didn't sleep for the next 3 days for more than an hour or two but I wasn't tired, I was so in love with you and in awe that I didn't want to close my eyes, I didn't want to miss a moment with you. I love and adore every day I get with you and it feels like they all are passing too quickly for my liking. Each new day is my favorite day with you and each day I think you can't possibly get any cuter but yet I wake up again the next morning and some how that day I fall in love with you a million new ways and your smile gets brighter and brighter. This year you have brought to me a whole new world of meaning to words I thought I already knew, like what unconditional love is, patience, tenderness, fear, excitement and so much more. I always thought I knew how wonderful being a mommy to someone would be, but then I had you and I learned I never could have even imagined the depth of wonder it could be. I am so very blessed to have you in my life and to get to be the one you call mommy. I remember the first time you said "mama", it was actually on Valentine's day, I was busy doing something and you were in your crib while daddy got ready for the night. I heard you say "mama" and I ran from across the house to say "mama is here baby" and daddy asked "how in the world did you hear that from way over there?" I told him that a mommy always hears the first time their baby says mama! I will never get tired of hearing you say mama, it still can make me smile no matter what. Your little laugh is contagious, when you start daddy and I can't help but join you and Fifi sometimes joins in too. Thank you so much for such a wonderful year baby boy! I am so thankful to have you in my life, you have given me the best gift ever, the label of mom is now mine thanks to your precious little soul! I love you baby boy, and I'm excited to see the joys that year number 2 brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kayden- You are one lucky little boy! Your Mommy loves you SOOOO much and she does such a great job being your Mom. Kaisha, I have learned lots from you guys and I love watching you raise little Kayden. He is going to be a wonderful man! Congratulations on a wonderful, beautiful year!
We are so glad to have met you both this past year! It has been a pleasure watching Kayden turn from this little peanut in his mommy's sling to this gorgeous little boy with a big smile and adorable laugh. We love you Kayden!
*sniff* Love that post Kaisha! You are such a good mommy! Love you guys!
Post a Comment