Heather, Gabe and Kayden
Buddies!
It's going to be lots of fun! Kayden is now a bug lover. Thanks to my lovely mother who got him his very own bug catcher. He is now obsessed with bug hunting. Finding those creepy, crawly little critters and trapping them in his little catcher. Feeding them "grass" and then wondering why they aren't alive the next day. So not only do I have to deal with creepy, crawly bugs that I'm terrified of, I also have to try and figure out how to explain to my adorable, innocent little man why they aren't moving the next day. Thanks mom.
I'm just kidding, sort of :). I am not a bug fan, as everyone knows (including my mother) but I do know little kids and of course little boys like bugs. They are interesting, and most importantly smaller than them, which they love. He loves looking at them, learning about them, comparing them, contrasting them and "taking care of them". And I do love how much it's making his little lightbulbs turn on by all the exciting knowledge he is gaining about those icky little things. But I do wish my mother lived next door to go on all the bug hunts with him and so he could scatter grass clippings through out her house! The other day when I was sweeping it was ridiculous how much grass was in my house....my mother's response "oh Kaisha, it's just a little grass"..does she not know her clean freak daughter?? Just a little grass?!?
In Nebraska last Sunday, Auntie Heather was the COOL aunt b/c she took Kayden and Gabe on a bug hunt. They rolled over bricks and found worms, slugs, ants and grubs under the rocks. EWWW! Is all this mama can say! I wish I could be that cool. And maybe after having a boy for 7 years like Heather has I'll get there. But at this moment bugs are not this mamas thing. I will "pretend" to enjoy them for Kayden's sake...but the moment he brings me a spider the pretending is over!
No comments:
Post a Comment