Our baby boy was baptized on Saturday at the Newman Center in Kearney, NE. By my Great Uncle, Fr. Bob Krystosek. It means so much to me that Fr. was able to baptize him. I couldn't ask for a more special person to baptize my baby boy. His Godparents are Uncle Kurt and Cousin Erica and he was surrounded by our great, wonderful family. Mommy decided I wanted him to still wear Kayden's baptism outfit, even though it was VERY tight on him. It's kind of a tradition to have all your kids wear the same gown in our family. The boys and I all wore the same gown...or should I say dress:) Yes, they wore a dress. Kyle would NOT allow our boys to wear a dress. Tradition or not. So we got Kayden a little tuxish looking outfit and planned on all our boys wearing that. Then the girls can wear my (and my brother's haha!) dress. Well...I ended up with the tummy flu at Christmas when we were supposed to baptize Breck. So now it was 4 months later and 4 months of growth, on top of Breck already being a bigger baby than Kayden was....and we had to SQUISH him into that outfit. I thought really hard about buying a new one. But decided I really wanted them to wear the same thing, squished or not. So they did:)
Fr. poured the water on his forehead and it went right into his eyes. Of course you'd think he'd scream...nope. Not baby Breck. He just looked at me with his big, innocent, trusting eyes as if to say, your holding me while this happens mommy so I'm guessing it's ok.
I'm so happy my baby is now baptized in the Holy Spirit and apart of our church. My Faith is at the center of everything I do and I can't wait to teach him all about his church and Jesus.
1 comment:
He looks adorable in that little tux. Emma and Layla both wore my baptismal dress.
Post a Comment