Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My 3rd Mother's Day!


I really can't believe that I've been a mommy now for almost 3 years. I dreamed of becoming a mom as long as I can remember. I played with dolls and had entire imaginary families. I remember wondering what my babies would look like, imagining being pregnant and feeling that tiny life within my own. I couldn't wait to have babies all to myself. Babies that were attached to me the most, wanted me when they were sad or happy or just saw me in a room. I couldn't wait to be that person to a little life. And now, I'm that person to 2 little lives. Two littles smile when I walk in the room, look for my face when they wake from a nap and kiss me before drifting off into dreamland. And it's better. Better than I could have ever pictured in my mind. Better than any mommy could have ever described. It is the best feeling ever. Being a mommy is what I was meant to do. I am sure it is why God put me here. To take care of these little souls, hold them, rock them, and smother them in kisses. Give them all the love I have to give and then give more. And somehow you always find more as a mother, even on the really long, tiring days, they just have to look at you a certain way and your scoul turns to a giggle and you can't help but scoop them up into your arms.

This year was also my first mother's day with my amazing little Breck. He of course brought me tons of smiles that day and was his happy little self the whole day through (even on the 3.5 hour drive home that night....and he cut his first tooth th next day and we never would have even known he was teething!?!?)! This year I also got to spend Mother's day with the person that made me want to be a mom, my mom. I couldn't have asked for a better mom. After being a mom and truely knowing all a mother does for her children, you love your mom in a whole new way because they did all you do for your children for you. There is nothing like a mom.

The day started with Starbucks of course, a nice lunch out with the fam, and then we went to Rachelle's graduation from Kearney Catholic. Afterwards we got to spend the afternoon with the whole family at Janine's house eating lots of yummy food. Being around my mom and aunties, the best moms I know made Mother's day complete.

And the presents.....Kayden made me a flower arrangement at my dad's work with grandma at a little workshop for kiddos and I LOVE it because he made it and Kyle finally ordered me my necklace! My neck no longer feels naked (yay!!), I now have my 2 littles close to my heart always. And my mama got me a hanging flower pot and a gift card. So I was a very spoiled girl on mother's day. It was a fantastic day with fabulous people!

No comments: