Friday, February 27, 2009

My favorite!

One of my favorite times of day with you Kayden is our bedtime routine. Daddy does the bath and then I get you. You give Daddy and Fifi a kiss goodnight and we walk to your bedroom, we sit in our chair and you grab your prayer bear. We say our prayers together and you end with "Amen" (you even do this in church now when we say the Our Father and everyone loves hearing you say it!). After prayers we read "Goodnight Moon" and while we are reading it you say Goodnight to all the items in the book, the combs, the moon, etc. After our story we have to say goodnight to everyone, you say everyone's name with me "Night Night...." We go through our whole family (grandma and grandpa, Uncle Mark and Uncle Kurt, cousin Gabe, etc.) and then you say Night night to your friends, "Night Night Tula, Maverick, Tatum, Audrey and Baby Izzie, Camila and Jake" and after each persons name you ask "where" you ask this every night and every night I tell you they are at home sleeping with their mommies and daddies. After the night nights we sing our songs, it is always the same songs "Hush little baby, rock-a-bye-baby, twinkle twinkle little star, 5 little monkeys and the I love you song". When you were tiny I tried to switch up the songs and you would open your eyes wide as if to tell me I was doing it wrong, so these have been our songs since you were born. When we get to twinkle twinkle you do the star motion with your hand and if your still awake enough for 5 little monkeys you have to make the monkey noise and "bonk your head" at that point in the song. After our songs we snuggle, nurse and rock until you are asleep. I love this time with you, I love our routine, how I'm the only one that can do it and the snuggles after we are quiet. I love rocking you to sleep, I love that I have this special time with you because I know not long from now you'll be too big to be rocked and I will miss these days so much. XOXOXO my little man!! I love you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was always my favorite time with you guys too, and your right, rock them while you can because those days are so short!
Love,
Mom

Jac said...

Awww. T has to say night night to all her friends and ask where they are too. It is so funny to me that they wonder where everyone is when they arent around. Too cute! I loved this post.

Anonymous said...

this is so so cute - i love it! such a sweet little routine!