Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Late night
Last night Kayden didn't want to go to sleep, maybe b/c the night before was superbowl night and his schedule was off, or maybe just because he was being a stinker. So after rocking for a long time and laying next to him, I finally gave up and walked out to the living room. He followed and wanted daddy to come sit next to us. He was being the cutest little thing ever and it made me so happy that he wasn't ready for bed yet. The 3 of us sat on the couch and laughed together for about 30 minutes, he was pulling out all the antics to try and avoid bed and they were working on his parents that are suckers for our cutie. He was blowing raspberries on our bellies and making us blow raspberries on e/os bellies and he was rolling with laughter which made us roll with laughter with him. He brought over his train book and was dancing to the train tunes and pulled our arms up and "helped" us imitate him and the 3 of us were dancing to train tunes with our arms waving "Kayden style" and the site was pretty funny to see. It was one of those nights you want to remember forever, our laughter filling the room and our innocent little boy the root of such happiness. Thanks my son for such a wonderful moment in time last night. You knew we needed that as a family and made sure we got it last night and I'm so glad I didn't "stick to the routine" and freak out that you wouldn't sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you are such a fun mommy that "rolls" with it sometimes, my mom was a drill sargent about bedtime and we never had those impromptu moments, I hope to have them with my little ones someday!
Love,
Auntie A
Post a Comment