Friday, January 30, 2009

"Woooosh"











Kayden and I flew back to Nebraska on the 21st to see the family and so I could get a tooth implant. Yes, you might think this is silly, we live in a major metro where there are many oral surgeons. But then you have to realize that I'm me and I don't even go to the dentist in AZ. I arrange my dental visits when I am back in NE, I have went to the same dentist since I was 3. I hate the dentist, I hate the sounds, opening my mouth wide and biting on that hard thing, I just don't like it. So when they told me I needed a tooth implant for a genetically missing tooth I have (the baby tooth was no longer going to "cut it" so I had to have something done), I of course scheduled it with the same oral surgeon who did my wisdom teeth. I like him alot, trust him AND he was an MD before he decided to do teeth, so I figure he knows his stuff. Since I'm a speech therapist, having the chance of them hitting a nerve and paralyzing half of my face is a frightening thing, so I wanted someone good. So, I figured, 2 for 1, get the tooth done and see the fam. A few days before our trip I started telling Kayden we were going to fly on an airplane to go and see Grandpa and Grandma, Uncle Mark, and Uncle Kurt and the rest of the clan. He def got it and was getting excited as the days got closer. The morning we were leaving I let him sleep until just before we had to leave. When I went to wake him up he wasn't happy at all that I was bugging him, but as soon as I said "we are going on an airplane this morning to see Grandma and Grandpa", his eyes got big and he started helping me get him ready, while he sailed his arm through the air making his "woooosh" airplane sound. When we got to the door and I told him daddy needed to hurry up, he bent down and yelled for Kyle as loud as he could, he was super excited to go and wasn't waiting for anyone. Daddy dropped us off at the airport 45 minutes before our flight......I was sure we were going to miss it. And then the airline wasn't going to let us on b/c they said Kayden looked too close to being 2 and I didn't have proof of age w/ me. I'd never had it before and didn't even think of it b/c he is so far away from 2 (at least that is what I tell myself;-). They finally let me on but told me I'd have to have daddy fax it to me for the trip home. We did make the flight though and Kayden was his usual awesome traveler and loved watching out the window while we flew into the sky.
The week was full of lots of attention from the grandparents, uncles, aunties, and cousins and mommy even mustered up the courage to get the titanium rod put into my mouth. I also got to go out for dinner and drinks with a couple friends which is usually hard to do when we are back for the holidays b/c we are so busy, so it was nice to have some downtime to catch up with a few people.
The highlight of the trip for Kayden was the SNOW! When we first got to Omaha he was looking out the window and saying "no, no, no", I asked him, "who are you saying no to??" and then I realized he had found a little patch of dirty snow that hadn't melted yet and he was telling us to look at the snow. When we got to Kearney that Wednesday it was 60 degrees, the next day it started snowing! As if NE knew my little AZ boy wanted some snow. He loved watching the snow fall, he would sit on the windowsill forever watching it fall and would ask us all to come sit by him. He also loved watching Grandpa use the snowblower and thought he was making it snow:-) Playing in the snow was also fun, but only for awhile b/c it was so cold. It snowed pretty much everyday we were back except for our 2 travel days.
Kayden also got to go to work with Grandpa one morning when I had a checkup, he thought he was so cool helping grandpa at work.
This was the longest Kayden had ever been away from daddy and he was super happy to see him when he picked us up from the airport, it was also the longest mommy has been away from him in 4 years!

4 comments:

Mikays Mommy said...

that looks like SO much fun kayden! im so glad you are a good airplane boy for momma.

Jac said...

Looks like you guys had fun as always! We are glad you are back though!

Anonymous said...

really love the pic of him in the snow! glad to have you back ...

Anonymous said...

I love how much K loves the airplanes. He is so cute, love reading about him and all his latest stuff.
Love,
Auntie A