Yesterday we watched Audrey for Sara while she went to a doctor's appt. At the playdate we were at Kayden was a little jealous when Sara handed Audrey to me and she had to leave so I was worried once we got to our house I'd have my hands full. But it was as if Kayden knew Audrey's mommy wasn't there and he had to share his mommy. He didn't cry or try to get b/t me and the baby like he usually does, he just tried to help. When we got home from the playdate and I carried him in on my hip and Audrey in in the carseat, I went to put my diaper bag down and I came back to him rocking Audrey in the carseat:-) They played great together, he showed her his pots and pans in the cupboards and they had fun banging them, they played basketball together, and then he showed her the playroom and she went to town. I tried to get her to come through his tunnel and she just looked at me so then Kayden came and stood on the other end and jabbered at her to come through and she crawled right through it. Then they were crawling back and forth through it together. We went for a walk in the wagon and Audrey couldn't stop smiling she was so impressed with herself for being such a big girl. When I was changing Audrey's diaper Kayden thought he needed to "help" and kept handing me wipes saying "there" and then he wiped her belly with a diaper wipe........I'm thinking he was telling me we need to have a baby in our house soon?? We had so much fun watching Audrey, we hope Sara has another doctor's appt soon so Audrey can come play again and Kayden can freshen up his big brother skills. Now that Kayden is on board we just need to get daddy on board;-)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Kayden the little babysitter!
Yesterday we watched Audrey for Sara while she went to a doctor's appt. At the playdate we were at Kayden was a little jealous when Sara handed Audrey to me and she had to leave so I was worried once we got to our house I'd have my hands full. But it was as if Kayden knew Audrey's mommy wasn't there and he had to share his mommy. He didn't cry or try to get b/t me and the baby like he usually does, he just tried to help. When we got home from the playdate and I carried him in on my hip and Audrey in in the carseat, I went to put my diaper bag down and I came back to him rocking Audrey in the carseat:-) They played great together, he showed her his pots and pans in the cupboards and they had fun banging them, they played basketball together, and then he showed her the playroom and she went to town. I tried to get her to come through his tunnel and she just looked at me so then Kayden came and stood on the other end and jabbered at her to come through and she crawled right through it. Then they were crawling back and forth through it together. We went for a walk in the wagon and Audrey couldn't stop smiling she was so impressed with herself for being such a big girl. When I was changing Audrey's diaper Kayden thought he needed to "help" and kept handing me wipes saying "there" and then he wiped her belly with a diaper wipe........I'm thinking he was telling me we need to have a baby in our house soon?? We had so much fun watching Audrey, we hope Sara has another doctor's appt soon so Audrey can come play again and Kayden can freshen up his big brother skills. Now that Kayden is on board we just need to get daddy on board;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I just got teary eyed reading ... they are so cute together and K's such a good "sharer." Thx again for what looks like a blast of an afternoon! :)
Looks like Audrey and Kayden had a fun time and you got some mommy of 2 practice. Want more practice? We need someone to watch T for 2 hours tomorrow or we will have to leave her with Hannah, Reese and Maui. Just kidding.
Post a Comment