
Last year we were in Seattle, on ferry boat rides and enjoying the gorgeous weather. This year with mommy so preggy we are here in the heat. I hope one day we move somewhere with seasons because right now mommy is so envious of the rest of the world enjoying the amazing fall weather I can barely stand it. Fall has always been daddy and I's favorite time of the year. The mornings are crisp and chilly, the days are pleasant and the nights are cool and breezy. But here we don't have that, we just have hot. Fall means football season too and you can't have football without cool air, it just isn't the same! I hope one day you get to watch the leaves change colors, jump in piles of leaves, and go apple picking in the cool, crisp air. Every year being in the heat in the fall is hard for us, but for some reason this year it is even harder, I find myself really longing for those days.
So as the rest of the world celebrates the end of summer, we trudge through more heat. On Saturday morning though, you woke up to RAIN. You had been asking for rain all week so when you woke up to it, you were ecstatic. You came running out and saying "rain mama, rain, outside now mama, me in rain". So we stripped you down and you went and danced in the rain with a huge smile on your face. That day we had childbirth class, a huge bummer on a day that actually was nice! Mommy and daddy were stuck inside, alllll day! But Tatum's babysitter Shannon watched you, your first time with a real "babysitter!". It was hard for mommy and I missed you the whole time and wondered how you were doing. When we left, you didn't cry! I had prepped you on having Shannon watch you and the fact that she was friends w/ "Jac Jac" and watches Tatum seemed to make it all okay in your little mind. You and Shannon went to the park b/c it wasn't hot!! And she said she read you books for naptime and then just closed the door and you went to sleep! Mommy was in SHOCK! I couldn't believe that you did that. You have never done that for mommy, I have to lay with you while you fall asleep. But I'm so proud of you for doing it!
Sunday we woke up and headed to the zoo, it was only 78 when we woke up, a huge relief for a morning temp so we decided to take advantage. You were so excited and made us listen to "mommy is taking us to the zoo" over and over on our drive there:) You loved feeding the giraffes lettuce and talking to the baboon that got right up next to you thru the glass.
Today we barbequed and you got to choose the meal and what did my little 2 year old choose...........SALMON!?!? I'm very serious, you did. We offered, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and salmon and you requested salmon (you had been asking for it earlier in the week). Mommy is very impressed by your little tastebuds!
2 comments:
Excellent chice Kayden! Salmon is my favorite! Glad everything worked out for you guys on Sat:)
Are you ever going to actually move closer?????
Amity!
Post a Comment