Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just the 2 of us


Cleaning up....it's hard to take action pics in a pottery class with clay stuck on your hands so I just got a couple of the cleanup time:)


Kayden, Brenda and Camila

It's hard to believe that in about 7 weeks it won't be just the 2 of us anymore. Kayden is my little buddy. He goes everywhere with me, we are together all day, everyday. It's been just the 2 of us for so long I'm kind of sad to give that up. I am very ready for another baby and so excited to meet him. But I just can't believe the "Kayden only" time is almost coming to an end. The first child gets something none of your future children ever get. They get to be an only child for awhile. They get to have 100% of mommy and daddy's attention for awhile. Once you go from 1 to 2 kiddos and more that is never the case again. So as excited as I am to meet this little guy inside my belly I'm trying to soak up every minute of Kayden and I's last weeks together.
One thing I know will be much harder with 2, are the little classes we go to and storytimes, etc. I've heard so many mom's say that they did Gymboree with their first child, or storytime with their first child. And I'm sure it does get alot harder. So I signed him up for Miss Diana's storytime through Chandler park and rec. At first it was a big shock for him, the mommies stay outside and watch thru the window and the kiddos go in w/ the teacher by themselves. He cried pretty hard the first time. Mommy ended up going in with him. And then the next 2 weeks he wasn't thrilled about going and would tell me I needed to go in w/ him. But then it just switched from week 3 to week 4 he decided he loved it! And instead of telling me we shouldn't go to storytime he told me to hurry up so we could go "right now mommy". He loves Miss Diana and likes to sit right up next to her during storytime. And she gives stickers at the end so she is just like Santa to the kids!
We also decided to take a class with Brenda and Camila and are doing Precious Pottery. We started today and Kayden loves playing with the clay and making fun things. Today he made a dinosaur with an egg while mommy made a pumpkin for him. He loved getting messy......but as soon as he did he wanted me to wash his hands! Even though we were still elbow deep in clay he wanted them washed NOW and when I couldn't b/c I was too messy Brenda had to help him b/c he couldn't take it......at this moment it made me wonder what I've done to my little boy! Everyone knows I'm a big germ freak that loves to wash my hands and I'm afraid it is rubbing off on my little man, but I guess it isn't a bad thing...right??:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sad Kaisha but he will love having a brother so much! And you'll have 2 mama's boys, how lucky are you!!?!
Love~Auntie A

Anonymous said...

Kaisha-You better get on board quickly time is running out!! j/k, I know you'll adjust to having 2 so fast you'll never look back! Now just get him named!!
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

ha ha about the hand washing! that is too funny - he really is particular about messes! glad you're enjoying the 1:1 time w/ kayden- ps that class sounds really fun!

Anonymous said...

ha ha about the hand washing! that is too funny - he really is particular about messes! glad you're enjoying the 1:1 time w/ kayden- ps that class sounds really fun!