Has ended little man. Breastfeeding was one of my favorite parts about being a mommy, I loved the closeness it gave us, our quiet cuddle time and the ease of feeding that it brought with it. My original goal had been to breastfeed you for a year b/c that is what all the "experts" recommend and then from there I didn't know what would happen. At a year you still seemed like such a baby in so many ways and you weren't ready to say goodbye to mommy's milk so we kept going and slowly this past year decreased your feedings, most recently you were only nursing at naptime and I was so clueless how to take this away in a peaceful way. But then we went on our week long trip to SLO and that session disapeared without any tears. We were so busy on our trip and having so much fun that you always feel asleep for naptime when we were driving from one activity to another. When we got home you did want to nurse for nap but I just told you it was all gone because you were a big boy and you were okay with it. Falling asleep for nap without nursing has been hard b/c for 2 years this is how you had always went to sleep. But it's slowly getting better.
I'm so proud of us for making it so long! You got so many great benefits from extended nursing and I learned to follow what I know is right and not what some people try to tell you or suggest, it helped me grow in my own strength as a person choosing to do what was right for my baby despite what popular media suggests. I love knowing you got 2 years of antibodies, nutrients, stem cells and the multitude of other benefits of nursing from me. I love that you have that great start in life! I will always cherish our nursing relationship and that time we had together of you being tiny, the image of you cuddled up in my arms as happy as can be will never leave me. Congrats big boy on letting go of something so constant in your life with such ease and independence! You are an amazing little person and so strong!
3 comments:
2 years Kaisha! That is so awesome, you'll have to help me make it 2 days when I have kids!
Kimmie
*sniff sniff*
wow ... i didn't know it was over! congrats to you both and good thing you have another one on the way kaisha, you sure won't have too much time to miss it!
Post a Comment