Wednesday, April 29, 2009

22 months!

You love listening to daddy's ipod!
At 22 months you.....

*have had your first stitches!

*weigh 25 pounds 6 ounces and are 34 inches tall

*Just today you said "I love you mama" and "I love you dada", before it was always "Love you", these 4 simple words melt my heart!

*still only drink water, sometimes you'll drink an organic juice box

*are still nursing 2x a day, before nap and before bed. Dr. Sears and the WHO rec nursing for 2 years so I guess we are going to meet their recommendations:-) So far I'm just too tired in my pregnancy to fight it, maybe in a week or so when the fatigue is over I'll focus on weaning you more.

*will pee in the potty like a champ if mommy stays on it but still won't poo in the potty. If I ask you if you have to poo when I know you do you say no and run and do it in your diaper.....so I'm not pushing going #2 on the potty yet b/c I don't want you to freak out and refuse to poo or something

*wheels on the bus is still your favorite song, followed closely by itsy bitsy spider

* are very opinionated and tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if you don't want to do something....you aren't very easy to persuade otherwise

*your laugh is so contagious, mommy and daddy always end up laughing with you!

*love to play in the water, with the hose, water tables, dog bowls...you name it

*your pretty bossy with Fifi and for some reason she listens to you, daddy and I both laugh when we hear "no no didi, this way" "didi this way now". She probably listens to you b/c for every bossy moment you give her at least 10 kisses and hugs so your love is far superior to your attitude:-)

*love to help cook, whenever I'm making a meal or anything you have to be "up up, watch mama". So you sit on the counter and watch or help with what you can. Yesterday you made brownies and poured all the ingredients in the bowl by yourself and helped me stir. You have to help whenever possible. When we make oatmeal you have to pour the oatmeal in the pot.

*when you wake up in the morning you give me a kiss to wake me up and then say "up mama" and pull me out of bed. And RUN to your playroom to start the day playing. I don't know how you have so much energy so quick!

Your an absolute delight to be around all the time and I'm so in love with everything you do and every new adventure we go on together! Love you baby boy!! Can't wait to see what the next month will bring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kayden, you are such a busy boy! I know you made your mom's and dad's day with your "i love yous!" very very sweet ... next up: "I love MY baby!"

Anonymous said...

Only 2 more months and you have a 2 year old! I can't believe it, feels like you just had him.
Love~Auntie A