Kayden this month mommy is way behind on your update so I'll keep it short and sweet. This month you changed a million more ways as you do every month and I have gotten to know you a little more better. Your personality is so big and I love being around you so much. You can make me smile when no one else can and I love that about you.
*This month you are doing great with potty training. You are doing it without any real nudging from mommy or daddy. We just introduced it and you have taken off with it. You tell me when you have to go potty through out the day (of course not all the time but lots of times through out the day) and can keep your diaper dry for a good while all on your own. You haven't gone poo in the potty yet though, you keep waiting to tell us about that until after it's already too late.
*You are sleeping through the night! This happened a couple weeks ago and mommy is loving it! I night weaned you using Dr. Jay Gordan's gentle night weaning methods and it did take awhile, you'd still wake up crying for milk but I would give you hugs and kisses and tell you I was there but we weren't having milk....and after several weeks you now don't wake up asking for milk anymore! And thus...you don't wake up anymore! You are now down to just nursing before your nap and before bed so I'm hoping we can gently phase those both out here very soon.
*You are a little communicator talking almost continuously throughout the day....you definetely define talking your ear off! You love talking and mommy gets her verbal workout during the day responding to all you have to say. Your vocabulary is huge and people often tell me that there are sure you have to be way older than you are for all you have to say, you talk in 3 and 4 word phrases alot now and I seldom hear less than 2 words at once coming out of your little mouth. It amazes me how well you can communicate with daddy and I (although sometimes I do have to interpret for daddy:-). One of my favorite things you say right now is "hi mama" you have the cutest way of saying it, your inflection is so distinct and it brings a huge smile to my face when I enter a room or come through the door.
*Most of the time you are the sweetest little boy ever and full of hugs and kisses for everyone and big smiles for the world. But sometimes for no reason at all you will hit, bite or push a friend or random stranger at the park. You must have a reason for it in your little mind but for mommy it always seems so unprovoked, so when I read about how to "deal" with it in toddler books it's hard b/c they talk about "situations" that occur, like a friend taking your toy and a kiddo biting b/c of that, or 2 kiddos wanting the same toy, etc....so when I can't see a reason it's hard to "reason" w/ you. So we have resorted to time out for these unacceptable behaviors and it seems to works sometimes. I'm hoping this is just a short lived phase and I don't have to deal with it very long b/c it is very frustrating. But like I said...most of the time you are as sweet as candy baby boy!
*You have decided you hate bugs, must get this from mommy. You love to find them and smash them and flush them down the toilet:-) You also find them at the park and "smash smash smash" them. I'll be up ahead walking Fifi and you'll be behind me stomping like crazy thinking your going to get the ants. One day I thought it was ants and it ended up being a swarm of bees...but somehow they didn't sting you!
*Choo Choo, is a sound I continue to hear very often. Your favorite toy other than books and Jax continues to be your Choo Choo train. You wake up in the morning saying Choo Choo and want to play with it for alot of your day.
*You LOVE to eat and snack and just hang out at your little table. You would do every meal there if mommy would let you but we have to keep it to the non-messy foods for now. You like mommy or daddy to sit there w/ you to eat to and if we can't Jax is always a great buddy for your meals......but the best is when a friend is over to eat with you!
Alright baby boy, I'll stop for now b/c I need to keep stuff for your 22 month post which will be here before I know it, hopefully I'll be more on top of it then! Thanks for being you and giving us the gift of going from a happy couple to a happy family! Love you!
3 comments:
Happy 21 months Kayden! You always change so much in a month, I'm glad your mommy keeps track so we can all read about your big adventures.
Love~Am
love love love that he also hates bugs! so cute to picture kayden walking down the street trying to smash them! ps- congrats on sleeping through the night to all of you! :-)
Kayden always amazes me, he seems to grow way too fast and conquers things I feel like should be coming from a 3 year old, not a baby!
Love, Steph
Post a Comment