Friday, April 24, 2009

Big Bro!


Kayden is going to be a big brother on November 7th and mommy and daddy couldn't be more excited!

I found out I was pregnant on Thursday, February 26th. Auntie Sara and I were taking the kiddos to the zoo that morning and I decided I'd take a test b/c on zoo days I always stop and get a mocha frappacino from Starbucks....so I needed to know if I could get my coffee buzz that morning. I was sure it would be no, it was the first month we were trying and I thought I'd see a negative sign and go get my coffee. But to my surprise it was a very positive test, I had trouble breathing b/c I was so sure it would be negative. My shock turned to instant happiness and I called daddy right away to tell him......he was very surprised too! After that I called Auntie Carly, she was the first friend I told that Kayden was on his way so I wanted her to be the first for this baby too, but she didn't answer. Since I was picking Sara up to go to the zoo of course I told her my news right away, I couldn't keep it in because it was so brand new and exciting. We told Grandma & Grandpa Westerbuhr by sending them a video of Kayden telling them that I had a baby in my belly:-)

Around 5 1/2 weeks the nausea set in and hasn't decided to leave my side since. I always thought when I was pregnant this time it would be so much easier b/c I don't have to go to work. But I was very wrong, being pregnant and feeling awful is way easier at work than at home with an energetic toddler that wants 100% of mommy's attention 24 hours a day. I think how awful I feel has helped Mr. Kayden develop more independent play though because mommy is definetely not the same mommy I was 3 months ago! The evenings are the worst right now, I think it might be b/c by then I'm so tired from the day that the tiredness combines with the nausea and makes it a train wreck. If I throw up it's always in the evening (w/ Kayden it was always in the morning) but the nice thing about pregnant puking is you can eat right after:-) I'm super sleepy too which makes Kayden's afternoon nap the highlight of my day. And most nights I go to bed with him at night. I've gotten too tired to do his bed time routine and since he won't let Kyle lots of nights he just comes to bed with me. I know I'm setting myself up for night time issues but by 8 o'clock I can't think about that, all I can think about is laying in my bed! But on the nights I do have the energy he has went to his bed just fine, so hopefully it's all going to be okay once this sleepy time passes!

Kayden is very excited to be a big brother! He gives my belly kisses all day long and will come up to me and say "baby" and lift my shirt to kiss the baby. The day I took the pregnancy test Kyle randomly asked Kayden "what's in mommy's belly?" and he said "baby" and from that point on he hasn't forgotten about the baby in my belly and that he will be the big brother. He loves to read to my belly, show the baby his toys, feed my belly and talk to the baby. He gets mad at me b/c I can't reach my belly to kiss it:-) so I have to kiss my hand and then my belly...which isn't what he wants, already watching out for his sibling. I love how excited he is for our family growing and I love that he gets to have a sibling.
We had our first doctor's appointment on March 24th and we got to see the tiny bean on the ultrasound machine and see it's little heart flickering and of course mommy cried at the sight of the little life growing inside of me. I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and as soon as the nurse put the doppler on my belly Kayden and I got to hear the thumpity thump of the baby's heart beating in my belly. I remember that sound being so wonderful when I was pregnant with Kayden and it was the same excitement hearing it with this baby. I love having a little life growing inside my tummy.

Daddy & I are thrilled to have a new baby to hold, kiss, smell, cuddle and watch grow and love that our family is growing from 3 to 4.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayden I bet you will be the best big brother ever. Hope your finger heals up real fast. love grandma

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay!!! so excited for your growing family and love this whole post! it's truly adorable how much kayden loves babies and i just know that he's going to be your best "helper" when baby arrives! we already know he can rock the baby, help with pacis and holding, and surely keep the little one entertained. such fun days ahead - big congrats again!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You are the cutest little family, can't wait to meet the new addition!
Luv-Steph

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats! Guess I'll have to start looking for a new bottle o' booze!

Krieg

Anonymous said...

CONGRATE’S.
LOOKS LIKE A FULL HOUSE!!
SOUNDS FUN.
BSB

Jac said...

Oh boy! We have been so excited and cant wait to meet this little one! He is so good with Izzy so he will no doubt be an awesome big brother! Love you guys. Prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby....and no more throw up.

Maria Sauerbrei said...

Congratulations!!!