Yesterday Auntie Jac Jac our resident nurse took Kayden's stitches out. I was supposed to take him back to urgent care or to his doctor to have them taken out but after my mom said it was really easy I decided I'd rather not spend the time in the doctor's office...and instead of doing it myself since I never have I asked for some help. Auntie Jac Jac was worried that Kayden would decide she wasn't his favorite anymore but that was not the case. He loves his auntie and thinks she is the greatest, he went with me to Target to buy the scissors to take them out and he had to hold them b/c I told him they were for Jac Jac. And while she was doing it he sat still, he did cry a few times and wanted it to be "all done", but as soon as they were out he was following her around the house like nothing had happened. He loves her so much that last night she got a train....he has a train designated for mommy, daddy, himself, the baby and last night Auntie Jac Jac got one too.........I really don't know what her secret is but something about her is extra special (of course I agree too).
Last night we didn't put a bandaid on for the first time since the incident and he was pretty worried about it. He wouldn't put his hand in the bath b/c that has been the case for the past 8 days so he must be freaked out about it and wouldn't play, held his little hand in the air for the whole bath (he actually cried before the bath b/c he wanted a new bandaid on). Then after the bath when we didn't put a new one on he was pretty worried and was extra careful all night, even holding the finger in the air as he drifted off to sleep. But today he is a bit more relaxed.
Thanks so much Auntie Jac Jac for being Kayden's personal nurse yesterday!
4 comments:
Kayden, you are so brave! The "wowie" still looks like it really hurts but glad to see it's getting better!
o my goodness kayden yuo are a trooper... you are a brave mommy too, i would have never been able to hold him down! How nice of Jaclyn too, some nurses are so scary!
Awww, made me tear up just reading it! I sure do love that kid! Not sure what it is, maybe cause he can make messes at my house and bring the hose inside. :) Glad he still loves me post stitches!
that is the cutest little story! kayden is quite the trooper ... i still marvel at what nurses can do; i'd have passed out before even picking up the scissors! :-) glad it's "all done" now!
Post a Comment