I found this poem on another blog and love it! It sums up my days right now with my all boy little boy so much. And it's so true, I love that he gets his prissy mommy to get a little dirty and is teaching me all about bugs:) And I get to ride on so many fun "machines" during our day of imagination!
Raising Boys
My home is filled with toy trucks,
Trains, planes, and cars galore.
The pitter patter of race car shoes
Track mud all across my floor.
Because it’s likely that we’ve been outside
With shovels and buckets of dirt
Examining bugs and listening for planes
With grass stains all over our shirts.
There’s a dump truck in my flower bed.
Over there you’ll find the loader.
I daydream of watching baseball games,
But when they’re a little bit older…
I kiss scraped knees and elbows too,
A little bandage and we’re all done.
Off we go, its daylight still
And we’re not finished having fun!
Then its time for a bubble bath.
I gently scrub dirt off his face.
Suddenly we’re pirates on a pirate ship
Or astronauts in outer space!
Now hop on the horsey (that would be me).
We’ll go read now that you are both clean.
He grabs a book about dinosaurs
And 3 more about Lightening McQueen.
I tuck them both in and kiss them goodnight
And smile as I put away their toys.
Goodnight trucks, cars, trains, and planes.
I’m so glad I’m a mommy to boys!
4 comments:
Kaish that is the best poem ever! And exactly why I want all boys! No drama for the mama:)
Love your boys.
~Auntie A
Great poem Kaish! But I have to say, I do that with my boy and girl:) Can't wait till you have a girl and get smothered in drama and PINK...although you love pink, unlike muah:)
Love ya girl!
Christine
Love having boys too! It is the best, coming from 3 girls (and all girl cousins!) I would have never thought I would love having boys as much as I do! We are very lucky mommies!
Am
So beautiful, loved it!
Post a Comment