My 2 little Sonshines!
People love to tell mommies that. Whenever I'm out with my two precious little boys I see older women smiling, watching, gazing at them with yearning eyes. I can't even think of a time that I've been out with them that I don't have at least one person comment about "how fast it goes", "enjoy each moment", "cherish it, it goes too fast", "what I wouldn't give to have those days back". It always makes me wonder, am I cherishing it enough? Do I enjoy it enough? Do I take this perfect time in their innocent little lives for granted? But everytime someone says this to me and I question myself, I always come to the same conclusion, I do cherish it and enjoy it and try to never rush it or take it for granted. I hope when I'm older and my babies are grown that I don't look back with regret for wasting that time or wishing I would have been in the moment more becuase I feel like I do relish each second. When my boys are awake, I spend my time with them. I use their naptime to clean, cook, surf the web, etc. I don't take time away from them to do those things. I just soak them up for the hours I get them each day.
When my babies are tiny I hold them to my hearts content, I don't listen to anyone about "letting them cry" or "holding them too much". I snuggle with them all night long, I rock them to sleep and sit with their heavy, sleepy bodies laying on mine for as long as I want. I breath in their milky breath and watch their chest rise and fall. I don't worry about those people saying "if you hold them they won't sleep when you put them down", b/c I know they will and if they don't then I just get to hold them more. I get on the floor with them and tickle and roll and laugh with them all the time.
And Kayden and I play, do crafts, play games, pretend play and romp around on the floor to our hearts content. We go on dates and talk about whatever his little mind brings to our plate. We get dirty and know that we can jump in the bath to get clean when we are done.
Sometimes my dishes wait till the next day or my floors don't get mopped as often as I'd like. But I would rather those things suffer than my little guys. So I hope I don't have to shake myself in 20 years. I hope with each baby I have I enjoy it to the fullest and remember that it is such a short time. I am going to keep trying to be intentional in each day and always enjoying each moment I get with my little men because as every woman tells me, it goes too quick and I'm sure in a few years "I'll give anything to have these days back"!
No comments:
Post a Comment