Friday, April 9, 2010

How do you explain?






To a 2 year old that the people he has seen at least once a week His. Whole. Life. will no longer be available at his fingertips. Not sure how. Not sure how to even grasp it myself. Moving before we had these 2 little people with us was so much easier. So much easier to pack and organize. So much easier to say goodbye. Now it's hard. Hard to to pack. Hard to coordinate the move. Hard to teach him the depth of the goodbye. Goodbye for the day or week is alot easier than goodbye for...?
Kayden moved a week before we did. We flew to KS to find a house and at the last minute decided Kayden would stay for that week with my parents and brothers in Kearney instead of flying back to AZ and then in a week doing it all over again. I'm glad we did it that way. We had so much to wrap up because it was such a quick move that it was very nice to not have a demanding 2 year old with us. I had never been away from Kayden for more than 1 night. Not even when I had Breck, I was gone for exactly 24 hours when Breck was born, I left the hospital as soon as possible to get back home to K. So a whole week seemed impossible to do. But with all we had to do the week flew by!
The night before Kayden left AZ we went over to Jac Jac's house to say goodbye to T. That day he had said goodbye to Tula, Mav, Camila and Evan. It was alot of goodbyes and way harder on me than him. Not even sure what to write about it because it makes me so sad that they won't be apart of our daily life anymore. I know the move was for the best but it doesn't make leaving those important people any easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how do you explain it to me missy??
Kimmie