Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Raining!





It's pouring and the Hingst family couldn't be happier! I'm so excited for lots of springtime thunderstorms, I have missed them so much. Monsoon's just aren't the same as a good midwest thunderstorm.
This morning the doorbell rang at 7:30am, it was the UPS man and Kayden got a surprise in the mail. He grabbed it from the porch and brought it to my bed to open it in front of Breck (Breck and I had just woke up!). He said he loves surprises, opened it and saw that it was his raincoat surprise and couldn't wait to get it on. Then he noticed that Breck and I didn't have surprise from Grandma, so he grabbed the receipt, ripped it in half and gave Breck and I each a half of the receipt and told us that was our surprise from grandma and asked if we liked it:-) He was 100% serious and it was all I could do not to bust out in giggles.
Then he waited all day for the rain to come. He watched the clouds in the distance, listened to the news man say rain was on it's way and just waited. Then last night after dinner the rain started falling. He almost fell down running to get his rain gear on and then spent about 30 minutes out in the rain showers dancing around, stomping in puddles and watching the rain drain down the gutters. He also made mommy get her umbrella and dance in the rain with him. Breck and daddy watched under the porch wrapped up in a blanket.
We love you rain! We love the fun you give us and the great smell you make!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE his rain gear. Too cute! And thunderstorms are the best aren't they!
Allison

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest story!! I love it!
Anna :)