Sunday, April 11, 2010

Breck is 5 Months!



Baby boy you are now 5 months old. You turned 5 months during the craziness of a really big move. We moved from AZ to KS with you and your brother this month. You were a trooper and when the movers were at our house packing us and mommy and daddy were trying to run around and finish all we had to do you were as happy as could be playing on your playmat or sleeping in your carseat. You did get a little cranky on our flight from AZ to KS when you needed your diaper changed but we couldn't do it because we were about to land. At that point I realized I was very happy to be moving to KS and being only a drive away from your family instead of a flight away. We had to stay in a hotel while we waited for the movers to arrive with our things and you slept like a champ in the hotel bed and went swimming in a pool for the first time at the hotel! Seeing your chunky legs in your swimsuit made me smile:-) Baby chunk is the best kind (well really the only good kind I guess:-)! You survived us unpacking and getting the house in order and are now a KS baby. You will grow up with a green grass yard, big green trees and rolling hills. That makes my heart very happy. You'll also get to be spoiled by your grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins frequently and that makes my heart even happier. Thanks for being such a trooper these past 2 weeks.

At 5 months:
-You love your mama! You cry if I leave the room and if I'm holding you and hand you off to someone else you let us all know you don't like it. You also think if I walk into a room I should come straight to you and scoop you up (I happen to agree so we have no problems there!). I love you wanting me. I know it doesn't last for long so I enjoy the mama only stage.
-LOVE your brother. Love love love him! He makes you laugh and laugh and if he's in the room your eyes are on him. You think he's the coolest and I love the way your face lights up when you see him!
-Love to snuggle with me while you sleep and I *heart* this :)
-Really enjoy being read to now. You just stare and stare at the pictures when we read you books.
-Belly laugh all the time. I just love your belly laughs!
-still like to be swaddled for naps.
-27 1/4 inches long. Just had to move you up to the LAST spot on the exersaucer.
-19 pounds of love!
-Teething, love chewing on everything and you drench your shirt with slobber while you chew
-love playing with all your toys now of course chewing on them is a favorite
-Very ticklish! If I brush my hand over your belly when your nursing you burst into laughs, it's one of my favorite things with you right now:)
-you go to bed around 7:30 and wake up around 6:30 or 7am every morning. Our wakeups are one of my favorite times of day. You always greet your sleepy mama with a huge smile and coo and goo me awake. Even though I want to keep sleeping you make me too happy to even close my eyes again.
-nurse on demand, no foods yet. I did let you lick a banana I was eating the other day and you grabbed for it and got mad at me when I took it away. So I'm guessing your going to like real food when we try it at 6 months.

Breck you are just such a delight all the time. I love you to pieces and can't get enough of you. Your laugh always lights up my day and can make anyone around you smile. Your cuddly and oh so loveable and I am just the happiest mommy ever that God gave you to us. We are forever blessed. I am just loving learning more and more about you! Mommy and daddy and brother love you to the moon and back baby boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is just so sweet. I am jealous mama!!
Love-
Kimmie