Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do I have to??

Breck, I am just dragging my feet so much with the idea of feeding you big boy food. I just don't want to do it. It's such a huge step. I love that I give you everything you need now. You are a big, chunky boogie, all bc of your mama's milk. It seems like such a big boy step to feed you something else. Things that my body hasn't filtered and cleaned and made pure for my pure little boy. But you are showing several readiness signs so on your 6 month birthday I'm going to give in and offer you some big boy food. Secretly I kinda hope you don't love it. But I have a feeling your going to dig it big time:) You aren't a "comfort nurser" like many babies. You nurse when your hungry and your all business while you nurse. You don't use nursing to fall asleep very often or if your upset. You just use it for food. Very different than your big bro, he would have nursed 24/7 and been 100% content. Will update on Saturday with messy babyfood pics! (if I don't wimp out and decide I can't do it:)

1 comment:

Derek and Maura said...

Good luck!! I know you can do it but I know it has to be heartbreaking also starting to let go :-( I can't believe he is 6 months!!!!!