Saturday, January 23, 2010

Talks with Kayden

Lately Kayden has been having some pretty funny conversations with me. Some things he has told me lately:

We are driving home from our ice cream date and randomly he said "Mommy I'm going to boom you" (something Kyle's friend Mike taught him, he makes a punching fist and "booms" you in the arm, leg, etc.....nice huh:). I said, "Oh you are, mommy is scared". He said "Yeah, you better worry about it." I couldn't stop laughing. How in the world does he know what worry means?!?

Yesterday I said "Kayden, your going to live with me forever, right?". Thinking he was 2 and would of course say yes. Instead he says "no" and laughs. I said, "your going to leave me? Your going to move out someday?", "Yes mommy, when I get big." said Kayden. I say "Oh really? Who are you going to live with then?" He said "Tula" Like it was the obvious answer. I said, "Really, like how mommy grew up and moved out of Namma's house and in with daddy?" He said "Uh, huh, yep". I said "Will you have babies that I get to be the grandma of and feed them lots of candy?" He said, "Uh huh, yep" and I could see his little mind thinking and taking in all of what we were talking about.

The other day when we were driving by Gilbert Mercy Hospital where Kayden was born I told him that was where he came out of my belly, like I always tell him when we drive by. This time he said "that where I come out of your belly mama?", I said "yes it is". He said, "Want 5 more come out". I said "you want 5 MORE babies to come out of mommy's belly??" He said, "yes, just like Brecken and me". So I guess he wantes a big family just like his mommy does:)

Today he was playing with his cars and he said they were having a car party. I said like a birthday party? He said, "no a wedding party". I said, "like Uncle Mark's going to have with Carrie" and he started laughing hysterically and said "Uncle Mark is funny, why he want to get married?". I said "bc Uncle Mark loves Carrie, and Carrie wants to be apart of our family" and he said "Carrie loves me" :) So I guess Carrie is marrying Mark b/c she loves Kayden so much in his mind. I must have made a very egocentric 2 year old....oh yeah, all 2 year olds are egocentric:) But then he decided to "marry" his dump truck to his fire truck:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, these stories are hilarious and priceless! good for you for jotting them down ... that kayden is a riot!

Christa said...

what a sweetie, Kaish. How much do I love that he plans on living with Tula when he grows up. Where do they come up with this stuff?