Kayden tonight we snuggled as you drifted off to dreamland and as I rubbed your back and smelled your hair I remembered how blessed I am to have you and what an amazing gift you are. I love this poem about a mommy and her first born little boy, everytime I read it I think of you and how much you have changed me. And this poem speaks directly to my heart my little boy! You are full of spunk, strong willed, very determined and have a very passionate heart! And I know you are as perfect as can be and God gave you to me because you will do great things! I can't wait to see all you do in this world! You are my laughter, my purpose and my joy!
First Born
I used to study parents and dream of a day
When I'd be called "Mommy" by a child at play.
I imagine the kind of mother I'd be
Rocking a baby upon my knee.
I'd be faithful and patient, creative and fun,
A friend and a mentor all wrapped up in one.
I'd love him a lot and offer him grace,
And surely the rest would fall into place.
Then my dream dawned; and I was with child.
God looked upon me, and knowingly smiled.
He bid all His angels to gather nearby.
He pointed me out with a twinkling eye.
He said, "see that woman, a daughter I adore?"
She's asked for a blessing, but I'll give her more.
She dreams of a child whom shortly she'll see.
I've got one in mind, a gift straight from me.
I've known him since time had its start.
He's full of spunk with a passionate heart.
He's got a strong will and determination;
He's smart and noisy, my prized creation.
Yes, this child is perfect, I know.
He'll mold her and shape her and cause her to grow.
He'll challenge her wit and knock off some pride.
He'll test the boundaries 'til her patience is tried.
He'll hound her often with impossible pleas,
And daily he'll drive her to her knees.
She'll turn to me for strength and grace
To raise a child who will run the good race.
She'll quickly learn the task at hand
Is not as simple as she'd planned.
She'll cling to my Word and fervently look
For wisdom and guidance in My precious Book.
And though he will test her, on days, wear her out:
This child will teach her what love's all about.
He'll be her laughter, her purpose, her joy,
Her greatest blessing, her firstborn boy.
She'll love him with a love so great
That some days her whole heart will ache.
And then she'll understand my loss
When I sent my Son to Calvery's cross.
Oh, yes, this child, a work of my hand,
Will grow my daughter into ALL I HAVE PLANNED!"
-Alicia Bruxvoort
2 comments:
Kaisha you are just so so blessed. I so love reading your mommy blog, it is such an insight into you! You are an amazing mommy and your children are so lucky to have you!
Love~Auntie A
What a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment