We celebrated our little family Christmas Wednesday night before we flew out on Friday. We headed out for a family walk and when we got back home Santa had arrived with Kayden's Santa presents from Kyle and I.....pretty sure we can't do this again bc he'll be to savy for our trickery but we took advantage of his age and winged it this year. Santa was sure to leave a note to tell him he came early to deliver some of the presents that he wouldn't be able to fit on the plane when he was at Namma's house.
For Christmas we headed back to the Midwest like we have every year. This year I was pretty nervous b/c Brecken was so tiny and Kayden is a very active toddler. But to my surprise my little men traveled well. Getting ready to go was not a walk in the park, nursing a newborn and entertaining a toddler doesn't make for a clear mind to pack everything needed and find the time to pack! But alas, we got on the plane and Truitt picked us up in Denver. It was SO nice to spend some time with Carly and her family and meet her twinsies and introduce Brecken to them. Paige is a very active little girl and plays pretty "rough". Kayden loved it! She didn't cry when he'd tackle her, she'd laugh instead, they were two peas in a pod wrestling around their house. Of course, Paige did show me her love for shoes and her princess dancing she does:) The twins are probably the happiest babies I have ever met, always laughing and smiling and stole my heart instantly! I love them all so much and wish we lived closer so we could play together often!
On Saturday my awesome bro drove ALL the way to Denver to pick us up. I had asked him prior to booking the flight if he would do it and without hesitation he said yes, such a great gift to give me a chance to catch up with a dear friend. Thanks Mark, you are the awesomest! The boys did great on the drive to Kearney and Mark only drove off once while I was still nursing Brecken:)
Christmas was full of baking, games, late night chats, playing with the family and SNOW!! A major snowstorm made us head to Kearney early and postpone the Hingst family Christmas until New Year's day. We are happy we made that decision b/c Milford lost electricity and the Hingst house got down into the 50s that day, way too cold for a tiny bebe!
Kayden left out cookies and milk for santa and carrots for the reindeer, I love how much he "gets" Christmas and Santa now and how much joy it brings to everyone's holiday! Christmas really is for the little ones and I love having little ones around to enjoy it with!
Over Christmas I was blessed with a cold (so were the boys), laryngitis (totally lost my voice for 2 days), and the stomach flu (on the day we had scheduled Brecken's baptism so we had to cancel it:( Somehow we still had a great Christmas but I was super bummed to be sick for a week of our trip! Guess the NE germs are foreign to me now and I easily picked them up.
3 comments:
So happy you got to see Carly and her family! Love K in his train outfit, too cute! Happy 1st Christmas Brecken!
Love~Auntie A
yes it was a great christmas with all the family here. We even had a white christmas! Love namma
Man Mama you are on the ball with your Christmas postin'...okay, I am inspired! So glad to have you guys back! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment