Monday, January 11, 2010

Brecken is 2 months old!



Today Breck had his 2 month well check. I am not sure why I go to those visits, I know he is well and with baby #2 there are very few questions. But anyway we went, maybe I go b/c I love his pedi so much:) I really do love him and enjoy seeing him and love that he asks about Brecken's big brother Kayden when I'm there. I always get attached to my clients so I like that he is the same way with his patients. Anyway, I digress. Brecken is a chunky little babe, weighing in at 14 pounds, 10 ounces! To my surprise, all his rolls only put him in the 90th percentile, which is great, I just feel like he couldn't really be any chunkier:) He is 24 inches long which equals the 75th percentile and his head circ was 41.1 which equals the 50-75 percentile. So he is a very healthy boy as Dr Salek put it, around there they like rolls! Brecken didn't cry at all during his check up, except for a second when he got a vaccine! He let the medical assistant and doc poke and prod him and just smiled and talked to them the whole time! I was in shock, I know he is a good, happy baby but to just chill at the doctor, while he is cold and naked definetely surprised me!

At 2 months you:
*Just moved up to size 2 diapers, I dragged my feet at this but once you started exploding with almost every poo daddy forced me to move you on up. This makes me sad, your growing way too fast!
*Your wearing 3-6 month clothes or 6 months depends on the brand, another sign that your growing way too quickly Mr!
*Actually seem to enjoy tummy time! You are doing awesome with your head control and lifting your body up w/ your arms.
*Love to look at yourself in the mirror (I would too if I was as cute as you!)
*Roll from tummy to back almost everytime you do tummy time now!
*Talk up a storm to us, cooing at us and your toys and yourself in the mirror
*Smile SO much, your smile is big and precious and steals mommy's heart everytime I see it!
*Like to be swaddled to sleep during the day
*Like your paci sometimes, not really to sleep, just to soothe at times
*Nurse on demand during the day and at night
*Sleep through the night pretty regularly!! Sometimes you wake up once but that is all and you just have a quick snack and then fall back asleep.
*Sleep with mommy snuggled up on your side
*Usually take 3 naps a day but still sleep at random times, sometimes several small sleeps a day but usually take one bigger sleep in the afternoon.
*Went on your first flight and trip to NE this month and traveled awesome just like your big brother does!
*Had your first cold while we were home for Christmas:( You, Kayden and mommy all got a cold and you hated having your nose stuffy!
*Had one vaccine at your 2 month check, the HIB vaccine
*Love to be worn on walks, when I'm shopping and just around the house
*Don't really take the bottle...we are working on it!

Happy 2 months baby boy! Please slow down, mommy feels like I can't hold you enough or look at you enough because your changing and growing so quickly right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 months already!! My baby can't be that old already!
I LOVE his rolls!
Love~Auntie A

Anonymous said...

Brecken you are adorable and such a blessing. Namma loves you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is SOOO cute...I love his smiles! I want to hold him!!