Kayden it is so crazy to me that you are turning 2 tomorrow. I really feel like I just had you, like you were just a tiny little baby wrapped on my chest. I can't believe that you are now a running, jumping, talking, 2 year old. I hope I always remember your Birth-day as clearly as I do now because I can't imagine not having that video in my mind. Making spaghetti and having to leave it and go to the hospital, being sent home to labor more at home, staying awake all night as daddy slept, going back in and walking the halls at the hospital. The epidural only working on one side, Grandma waiting anxiously for mommy to dialate. Daddy stressing over the hugeness of everything going on. How scared I was when they started worrying about you being in distress. How badly I just wanted you out and safely in my arms. The doctors and nurses coming in and out of my room worried about how you were doing in my belly...them telling me they needed to get you out and me wanting them to do whatever they had to to make sure you were safe. Daddy telling me you were "Perfect, perfect in everyway" after you came out of my tummy. How you stopped screaming when daddy put you next to my face for my first touch and view of our little miracle. The pure joy I felt when they brought you to me to hold and nurse for the first time. The adrenaline I had running through me that wouldn't let me sleep that first night with you because I was so excited to be your mommy (and I had been up the last night too in labor)...actually when I think about it, I slept very little while we were in the hospital, I didn't really take my eyes off of you or put you down. Watching daddy change his first diaper EVER and all of us laughing as you kept going while he was in the middle of the diaper change:) Taking you home and sitting up all night holding you on my chest, dosing in and out of sleep but mostly just wanting to be with you. Daddy and I camping out on the couch with our new little bundle. Those first days with you were so amazing, I had wanted to be a mommy my whole life and you made my dreams come true on your Birthday. You were more than I could have ever dreamed of.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
A little look back.....
Kayden it is so crazy to me that you are turning 2 tomorrow. I really feel like I just had you, like you were just a tiny little baby wrapped on my chest. I can't believe that you are now a running, jumping, talking, 2 year old. I hope I always remember your Birth-day as clearly as I do now because I can't imagine not having that video in my mind. Making spaghetti and having to leave it and go to the hospital, being sent home to labor more at home, staying awake all night as daddy slept, going back in and walking the halls at the hospital. The epidural only working on one side, Grandma waiting anxiously for mommy to dialate. Daddy stressing over the hugeness of everything going on. How scared I was when they started worrying about you being in distress. How badly I just wanted you out and safely in my arms. The doctors and nurses coming in and out of my room worried about how you were doing in my belly...them telling me they needed to get you out and me wanting them to do whatever they had to to make sure you were safe. Daddy telling me you were "Perfect, perfect in everyway" after you came out of my tummy. How you stopped screaming when daddy put you next to my face for my first touch and view of our little miracle. The pure joy I felt when they brought you to me to hold and nurse for the first time. The adrenaline I had running through me that wouldn't let me sleep that first night with you because I was so excited to be your mommy (and I had been up the last night too in labor)...actually when I think about it, I slept very little while we were in the hospital, I didn't really take my eyes off of you or put you down. Watching daddy change his first diaper EVER and all of us laughing as you kept going while he was in the middle of the diaper change:) Taking you home and sitting up all night holding you on my chest, dosing in and out of sleep but mostly just wanting to be with you. Daddy and I camping out on the couch with our new little bundle. Those first days with you were so amazing, I had wanted to be a mommy my whole life and you made my dreams come true on your Birthday. You were more than I could have ever dreamed of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kayden!
soooo sweet! happy 2 years little one!
You have such a good memory mama! He was very precious (and still is!)
Love~Auntie A
Its so weird to look back and see them so small. Crazy how fast time flies!
Post a Comment