Is a very healthy baby boy! He is measuring a week ahead of schedule so he is probably going to be a big boy just like his brother was at birth. He was moving around like crazy in my belly while she was taking pictures, and when she was showing us his face it looked like he was playing peek-a-boo with us bobbing his head back and forth towards us, so cute already! Everytime we asked Kayden if I was having a girl or a boy he said girl. So the morning of the ultrasound we asked him again and he said "my girl" like he always did. Then we told him he was going to see the baby on tv that morning and he was very excited and anxious to go to the "baby doctor". He picked out his "Big Bro" shirt to wear that day to the baby doctor visit! He was in awe as we showed him the baby's feet, head, tummy, hands, legs, etc on the screen. The ultrasound tech asked us before she started if we wanted to know and we said yes. Mommy saw that it was a baby boy while the tech was measuring other stuff, so I'm glad I wanted to know b/c the surprise would have been ruined. Right before she "showed" us the goods she asked again and we said yes. Then we told Kayden it was a boy that he was having a baby brother and he seemed to get it. So Kayden's guess was off but I guess he is only 2! Not sure why he was so insistent it was a girl but he seems happy that it is a boy. When I asked him what we should name his baby brother he said "Jake, Baby Jake" and he pointed to my belly and said it again "Jake, Baby Jake". Now if someone asks him what the name is he tells them it is Jake......too bad we aren't letting him name baby! It would make our decision so much easier:-) Too funny though that he wants to name his baby brother after his womb buddy Jake! At first I thought baby was a girl like Kayden but around 10 weeks or so I started feeling boy and that feeling never left. I am very excited to have 2 little boys so close in age and so happy for Kayden to have a baby brother! They will have so much fun together throwing footballs, playing swords and wrestling around on the floor! And they can burn off some energy with e/o, even better for mommy! We are so excited to have you apart of our family baby boy!! You are one loved little man already!!
*I'd post pics but I'll have to have Kyle scan them in, my OB doesn't give you a disc w/ them like my previous doctor did so I can't post them yet.
2 comments:
Congrats!! How exciting to have two little guys!
I love this post - what a cute experience that Kayden knows what is going on and anticipates it. It's fun to hear it this way because Audrey was too little and just had no clue. He's going to be an excellent big bro to this little baby JAKE! lol. congrats on a great ultrasound!
Post a Comment