Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day


My present (daddy went to change Kayden's diaper and this is what walked out:-)

Sarah and Kurt in their "Happy Feet"

Yay!

Making fun of Kyle for being an artsy architect that never farts (I'm thankful for this:-)!!!

Kayden loved his remote control doggie that his Godmother gave him

Kurt opening his Wii

Ray with his string bikini undies...did you even know they made string bikini undies for men????

Was spent in Kearney with alot of my family. We left Milford to meet the fam at Midnight mass, I tried to get Kayden to sleep at my parent's house so he didn't have to attend but at the last minute when he still wasn't asleep I ended up taking him to mass in his pajama's and slippers. Not exactly fancy midnight mass attire but with an unpredictable 18 month old I have an excuse...right?
Christmas day started with daddy sleeping until 10:30 because he had the bug that I had earlier in the week. Luckily for him Grandma had to work this year until 2:30 (she is a nurse and every 3 years it is her "turn") so Auntie Martha, Grandpa and I had the duties of getting the meal ready. After Grandma came home, we ate Christmas dinner and while Kayden was napping Santa Clause arrived! After Santa came and Kayden woke up we opened presents. Kayden was a pro by this time and did great and even helped others open their presents. The underwear tradition continued this year but we included the boys to add to the laughs. And they did make us laugh:-) Although, Sarah chickened out and got Kayden PJs instead of undies this year...I guess babies are excused from humiliation. The present that won the best gift award this year was Uncle Kurt's Wii, everyone had lots of fun playing it and we had some fun tournaments with all of us cousins....boxing was one of my favorites! Of course the day also had to include my favorite tradition.....board games! Every Christmas we play games together as a family and have lots of laughs (uh oh, we forgot to play Pit Amber! How did you let us forget...guess when I come back to have my tooth fixed we'll have to play:-) It was a great Christmas day, full of laughs, love and good times by all. It's sad it's over already and we have to wait a whole year to enjoy the fun again.

No comments: