Monday, December 1, 2008

17 months!


Playing in your wagon with ALL your stuffed animals, you love to be in the wagon with all of your "friends"

I am in shock that in 1 month it will have been 6 months since Kayden's 1st birthday. I still remember being at his birthday parties like it was yesterday, thankfully the memories are stuck hard in my mind and I have so many pictures to look back on. But how have 5 months already passed since his big day? I really wish you could bottle up all the memories and revisit them when ever you miss them b/c it goes way too fast.

Things I love from this month are:
*how when I ask you if you are my baby or my big boy you tell me your my big boy (*tears*)
*how you love to "count" everything, your trucks, bushes, leaves, anything you see you want to count "one" and you put your finger on each thing as we count together
*your secret "hiding spot" on our way to the park in the bushes, how you have to go in there and hide and then mommy and Fifi have to join you
*how much you love the park, walks, anything outside!
*how much you love trains, trucks, boats and airplanes, you are your mommies BOY, all boy all the way
*how you get in your wagon and then pull all your stuffed animals in on top of yourself and sit there so contently
*how you feed and give your stuffed animals drinks, they have to eat when you eat too if they are around during mealtimes
*when I start singing the wrong song you tell me "no" (sign it and say it over and over) until I go through all of our songs and get to the one you were wanting me to sing
*how you shout "jiji" for Fifi when you want her to come join us or when we are walking her and she isn't going the way you want her too
*how you have to take Fifi down the slide w/ you at the park
*that you are still a mama's boy to the core of your little being, everyone told me after a year you'd be all about daddy but so far you are still my little man
*how much you love babies right now
*when you carry your stuffed animals around with you everywhere
*when you put 2 words together (my ball, more milk, big boy, all done, etc)
*whenever you get a chance you climb up on the table or the office chair and dance around until I catch you and take you down

Love you to bits baby boy! Excited to spend another holiday season with my little man!

2 comments:

Jac said...

Our babies are getting SO BIG! Might be time to get some more little ones in the group!

Christa said...

Happy 17 months big boy! We are one month away from having kids that are closer to beiing two than one.....yikes! Love sharing these special times with you guys and going through them together!