Thursday, September 18, 2008

Phew!

Grandma and Grandpa Westerbuhr arrived yesterday afternoon and I was worried after he was such a mama's boy in WA that he might continue the trend with his grandparents this month. But either he remembers them from our CO trip in July or he just prefers visitors to his house over going to their house b/c he took right to them! He spent the car ride home from the airport throwing his new Huskers football back and forth between Grandpa and Grandma and laughing (thanks Uncle Mark for the cool football and Jersey, I can't wait to wear the jersey on Husker Saturday!!) and as soon as we got home he gave Grandma a big hug. He took Grandma into his playroom to show her all his cool toys and showed her his firetruck and school bus (his 2 favorite puzzle pieces....which was his way of saying I like you;-). They went and got the mail and took Fifi for a walk and he didn't even care that I didn't go with him. Grandma gave him a bath and he had fun playing with the bath toys with her, when she asked him if he went on a boat in WA he said "yep". When Kyle and I get him dressed and put on his diaper he usually runs from us but he just sat and let Grandma do it! When he went to bed he ran and gave Grandpa a big bear hug and blew him kisses goodnight and gave Grandma a big hug too.
Excited to spend the next few days with them and daddy and I are excited we get to go on a date this weekend!!

3 comments:

Jac said...

Yay! I am so glad he is taking to them so well and so happy that you and Kyle get to go on a date!

Maria Sauerbrei said...

Have fun on your date!! Enjoy every minute of it

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are ALL having fun! How cute ... have a great time on your date! :)