Thursday, September 11, 2008

Airplanes!


Pointing to a waterplane coming into Orcas Island.

He loved seeing all the planes in one spot on the island.

On our trip Kayden decided he has a new occupation he is considering...he might want to be a pilot. Before our trip he had started loving looking into the sky and finding airplanes, if he heard one he could usually spot it before Kyle and I could. But our trip made him fall in love with airplanes. He LOVED the waterplanes and spent so much of the trip with his eyes in the sky or pointing to an airplane to show daddy or I the wonder he was seeing. I find it pretty ironic that I the person that used to cry when I had to fly and ran down the airport because the plane was having engine problems and refused to get on it (daddy had to chase me down and I told him my Auntie Martha would drive me from Dallas to NE b/c I was NOT getting on that plane!) have a child that loves planes. I guess it is a good thing b/c we have to fly alot to NE to see the family so he will be glad he doesn't have my fear.
Tula-maybe your grandpa can give him a tour of his plane when he comes to town sometime:-) He'd love to meet a real life pilot;-) When we were riding on the shuttle from the rental car place to the airport he was spotting all the planes and pointing them out to all the other riders on the shuttle and one of the men said his brother had a love for planes this early and it never stopped and he is now a pilot for private jets.............I can't even imagine if my baby was flying in the sky everyday, I would be a nervous wreck!

We also bought him a book called "Goodnight Seattle" and it has all the fun things to do in Seattle in it and one of the pages is the Museum of Flight with airplanes, he opens the book everytime and turns it to the airplanes page and claps. Then he precedes to point to each airplane while you tell him what kind it is and what color it is! He loves this book so much that at the airport while we were watching the planes come in and out, he went and grabbed the book out of my bag, walked over to the window, opened the book to the planes and pointed to the plane on the terminal and then the planes in his book over and over, you could tell in his eyes he was SO happy he had pictures of those amazing machines;-)

1 comment:

Sean and Claire said...

You guys do some cool vacations. I love the beautiful landscape. Kayden is getting so big. Wow how time flies.