Sunday, September 28, 2008

Artville!


Cooking at Artville

The window I watched my little man get attacked through by the big bully:(

Trying to get a group shot;-)

Kayden went to Artville on Friday with his friends. It is Mesa's children's museum sort of venue for little ones under 5. It is a bit older than the Phoenix children's museum so his mommy the germophob had to suck it up and let her baby explore the new environment. They had a little reading area, a craft area, kitchen area, and a ramp with a slide.
A first I could have waited a long time for:( Kayden was up in the ramp lookout and he thought it was so cool to look at me, as we were looking at e/o a bigger boy comes up and tries to push him out of the lookout. Kayden tries to hold his own and then the kid grabs him around the neck and is yanking on him and starts shoving his head into the window. It was the first time I've seen anyone be that physical with my little peanut so my instinct was to.....scream. I started saying "no, no no" and then realized I was screaming in the middle of artville and ran up the ramp. In this time the boy had STILL not let go of Kayden and I had to pull him off my little man. The little boys mom was no where to be seen. I felt so bad for him and it was so hard for me to see my little peanut sad and not understanding why anyone in his little world would be that mean. I really don't know how I will handle him coming home from school and telling me kids are being mean to him, I can't take seeing him in pain at all, it just breaks my heart. Hopefully no more episodes like this for a long time!
We ended our Artville adventure with lunch at Grandma's kitchen (it was right across the street from Artville and very cute! Good rec Jaclyn!)and the kiddos loved the toy area and the fun grab bucket that they each got to choose at toy to take home with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great story ... a couple more football Saturdays and Kayden will be ready to take 'em down! Was fun going w/ you guys & thx for sharing Kayden's snacks w/ Audrey!