MUDDY day with Thomas
Breck trying to look at Kayden's new trains...
Happy Boy!
Sir Topham Hat and Kayden
A Family Affair!
"The cheeky one"
Kayden and Daddy with Thomas
Seeing Thomas for the first time!
Kayden had a big surprise on Saturday. Daddy and I planned a day in Baldwin City, KS with his favorite train, Thomas. It was so hard for me to keep the secret. I wanted to tell him so bad! But also wanted to see the look on his face when he realized what was happening! I held it in, even though I was about to burst. Friday night we told him that he had a surprise the next day and he had to go to sleep to have energy for it. He woke up in the middle of the night and asked if it was time for his surprise:) So he must love surprises like his mommy!
We woke up the next day to RAIN. And lots of it. I remember reading on the website "rain or shine" and thinking there was no way it would rain. Of course bc I thought that way I got rain! So we packed rain jackets and umbrellas and headed on the 2 hour drive to Baldwin City. And kept in the surprise the whole drive there!
It was worth the effort for me to not spill the beans bc he was so surprised and so excited for his fun day. He couldn't stop smiling and couldn't take his eyes off of Thomas. It was so fun seeing him get to be around this character that he plays with EVERDAY. We got to ride on the train for 45 minutes and Thomas pulled us, check out fire trucks, meet sir topham hat, check out a petting zoo with some fun animals...a turtle, a kangaroo, a baby camel, calves, and of course the classic goats at every petting zoo, there was a thomas video and storytime tent, and a tent full of thomas the train tables with trains to play with. Kayden had a blast! That night when he was going to bed he told Kyle "that was a really good surprise daddy". Aww, my sweet, innocent little boy, please always keep that big open heart full of excitment.
1 comment:
What a fun surprise for him! You are such a fun mommy!
Love you guys!
~Auntie A
Post a Comment