Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Country Stampede!!






The summer after I graduated from high school a bunch of my friends and I went to this new town to a big country festival...country stampede. We had a blast, drank alot, camped, partied with tons of other crazy college kiddos and celebrated our new found freedom that graduation from high school had brought. 2 years later....I went back with Kyle and a bunch of our friends.......repeat of the 2 years prior, only this time I had a special boy with me. We got to see some big country stars while we partied like rockstars.
Well...that strange town we went to that we'd never been to before...is now where we live. Who would have ever thought?!? I know I didn't. So we decided to check it out again, about 8 years later or so and see if we could make some new fun memories. This time my brothers, Carrie, cousins-Am, Sarah, Little Ray and his girl Lizzy, and my aunt Martha all came for the party on the prairie. Did I mention they all stayed at our house?! And my mom was also there to watch the kiddies. It was a totally different experience this time....I actually remember all the singers. And since I am a nursing mama I never had more than 2 drinks the entire weekend. I even had to leave to go nurse the baby.....what a crazy life I live now:) But it was a ton of fun. Reminded me all over again why I do NOT use porta potties (hadn't used one since the last country stampede!) The people watching was a blast and made me laugh out loud several times over the weekend. And having everyone together to do something fun was the best part. We got to see Keith Urban who put on an AMAZING show, other favorites were Miranda Lambert and Montgomery Gentry.
Of course...as our luck with air conditioners would have it....it went out Saturday night...16 people staying at our house and a birthday party the next day and the AC decides to not work. NOT GOOD TIMING! Kind of like last year when it went out and it was August, in Phoenix and I was 8 months pregnant...not good timing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kaisha, you can still hannng with the college kids huh?! You are the girl! Looks like a great time!
Kimmie