sunset with my littles
Night time sillies
2 of my loves
Ready for an evening lake swim.
They bonded over bugs.
Teaching Carson all about worms!
Not sure how he got the good end of this stick....
kayden feeling cool in his new camping chair by the campfire.
Our tent. Kyle put it up with almost no help:)
Breck loving life as usual.
So we tried it again. Last year we went camping at it was a bust. I mean not totally. Kayden loved it and loved the stars in the sky. But we didn't have lighter fluid, didn't have the right pump for the air mattress and I was 28 weeks preggo with Breck...need I say more? :) So we decided to try again. This year we planned and probably had more than we needed, but that is okay with me! We met the Rogges at Milford Lake in Kansas and stayed Friday and Saturday night. We actually knew how to set up our tent this time! Yay! Big accomplishment! And we could start a fire! We had fire wood! And the air mattress inflated. It was gorgeous, green all around us, a big pretty lake to look at and the weather was great. We spent 3 days outside with great friends and our little family and it couldn't have been a better weekend. The one downfall of the trip...TICKS. I HATE TICKS! They CREEP me out so much. I haven't been out doorsy enough to experience ticks in a long time so them crawling on Kyle's leg or on Didi was almost more than I could take. We learned we will not take Didi camping again b/c she is a tick magnet and this creeps me out too much. But other than ticks the weekend couldn't have been better! Sitting by the campfire talking about old times, new times and everythign in between. And Kayden had a buddy for the weekend! Even though he and Cole struggled with sharing their toys together I could tell Kayden REALLY enjoyed having a buddy around for 3 days. It made me happy to see him getting to play with a friend and sad bc I know how much he misses his friends from AZ.
Kayden loved fishing and swimming in the lake, bug hunting with Cole, playing with worms, driving around trucks and roasting marshmallows and eating all sorts of other stuff mommy normally never allows to camping is an exception. You can't take granola food camping, it just wouldn't be camping without the preservative filled graham cracker that can stay good for like 100 years and those artificially flavored doritos! Funny thing is though...he does NOT like hot dogs. I know, crazy. I actually do like a good grilled hot dog very well. I don't eat them often b/c I know how bad they are but when I eat them they do taste oh. so. good. Well not to my 2 year old. He wouldn't touch it. Ate his bun and watermelon but it was a no go on the dog. (don't worry about it, it wasn't wasted I helped him out :)
1 comment:
Kaish-you never cease to amaze me at the love you have for your kids. You are the LAST person on earth I would ever think would camp and here you go and do it for your loves. You are so awesome and I love that you let them bring new things to your life! way to go girlfriend!
Love~ Auntie A
Post a Comment