Monday, November 23, 2009

And baby makes 4!


Life with 2 is hectic. I love it, but I am a busy girl! Brecken is just over 3 weeks old and I already can't imagine life before he was here. He is such a wonderful addition to our family, I can't believe how blessed we are to have him as ours. He still sleeps alot, nurses like a pro and loves to watch his big brother monkey around. Of course like most babies he is most content when snuggled up next to someone and we all love snuggling with him so much that he gets held alot. But he is very content when laying on the ground, in his bouncy chair or on a car ride. He also loves nightime snuggles and mommy loves them right back:) He'd sleep in his bassinet if I wanted him to but I like having him right next to me so that is where he goes. Sometimes grandma gives him a paci if I'm not around to feed him but he doesn't really need it and doesn't seem to have any preference for it, we'll see if that changes as time goes on. I'm not against him having one for awhile but if he doesn't need it/want it I figure why bother? Just like his big brother he likes to be worn when we are out, in the moby wrap (thanks Sara!) or in his peanutshell. I just got the infant insert for the Ergo so I'm excited to take him on a nice long walk in it.
And big Brother Kayden....He has done really well with his transition to big brother. But he still has some hard times, nursing is still something he'd rather the baby doesn't have to do. And if I'm talking or snuggling with Brecken sometimes I'll catch him just watching me and I know in those moments he feels left out and hurt and I hate that. At times he'll tell me "put my baby back in mommy's belly" (but most of the time he says happily, "Mama my baby came out of your belly":). And I know that he's having a hard day with sharing the attention with his baby brother. He also doesn't really like that baby brother sleeps with mommy and daddy. He will tell me to put him in the bassinet or that he wants to sleep with us. Sleeping has been a little hard for him, he likes to come to our bed alot which hadn't been happening before Brecken arrived. And he was fully potty trained and now sometimes he will pee on the floor on purpose and then seems proud of it! Not a fun little set back at all! Sometimes if someone is bringing the baby to me to nurse he will lay in the baby's spot and say "my lay right there mommy, you hold me not the baby", poor little man:( I hope he soon feels like me and can't imagine life without Brecken but for now I can tell he still remembers his "good ole days" when he was the only one getting all of the attention from everyone. But for every moment when he wishes Brecken wouldn't be getting snuggled, there are 10 kisses that he gives his baby brother. And everytime we leave without the baby he can't wait to get home to "his baby", and if we go somewhere he often says "my baby come w/ mama?" in a hopeful voice. So I know soon he will be used to baby and all that it involves and I hope I'm helping him transition to that time in a gentle way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaish I know this is hard for you but it's going to get better fast and you won't even remember him ever being sad about his baby brother. And I'm SO happy for you that Brecken is such a good baby! Yay!
Love-Kimmie

Christa said...

I know this adjustment time feels so overwhelming but you are doing an awesome job. And in no time they will be best buddies...I promise. Kayden is on of the most warm and loving little boys I know. You must be doing something right:)

Love you!